• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vero Beach?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM
  • 21 Replies

So we're headed to Vero next week to check it out.  My husband is in love with the little town.  He's driven through there quite a few times.  He also likes PSL but not as much as Vero.

Anyone in the group know anything about the area?  I've been doing lots of research and, from what I've seen, the area looks great.  We love the beach and nature... plus Disney isn't too far away...  The schools look good. 

We initially looked at moving to the I4 corridor, then Seminole County, but we realized that, for us, Florida is the beach and palm trees!!

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambertreas76
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM

BUMP

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Never been.

ambertreas76
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM

bump

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Never been but here's a bump.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ambertreas76
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM
bumpsky
MaiasMommy619
by Safina on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I've driven thru there once..it was nice from what I saw! Good Luck!

ambertreas76
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Bump! I can't believe that there isn't anyone around who knows about the area! People know more about backwoods Ocala than beautiful Vero!!
grayson423
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I live in Vero Beach on the barrier island. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have. :-) And, for what it is worth, I think I'm the only one on here from the area, but I have seen a few people from neighboring cities.
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Never been there. Does that mean you decided against auburndale?
ambertreas76
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I've seen a couple on here from PSL but none from Vero.. as you can see from the replies...  From what I've read, the east side of Vero seems to be the nicest, though it may be just me wanting to be close to the beach.  We have 2 kids.  My son will be starting kindergarten in September.  I was just wondering what the better parts of Vero are for families.  I've read alot of different threads on other sites saying that Vero, as a whole, is a great community.  We're not really the HOA type.  I've seen lots of older homes that are non-HOA or gated communities.  We just have no idea where to start, to be honest.  Realtors are no help for opinions on the area.  It seems like they are bound to not giving personal of perceptions when it comes to different areas.  We're going to rent for the first year or two until we get to know the area better.

The barrier island???  I was thinking about looking into homes on the barrier.  My husband is concerned about storms and evacuations.  

Thanks for any info you have.  

Quoting grayson423:

I live in Vero Beach on the barrier island. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have. :-) And, for what it is worth, I think I'm the only one on here from the area, but I have seen a few people from neighboring cities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)