Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An Update on Our New Pet Pit, Sadie

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 26 Replies

I am beyond upset right now. We were speaking with a friend about the Pitbull I found and she said that female Pits are usually used as "Bait Dogs" in the dog ring to train the males and then they breed them if they survive. They also break their teeth. Needless to say, we checked her teeth and they are indeed broken. She has plenty to eat and rip up balls so that's not an issue but to think of what this poor dog has gone through is unimaginable. 

She is so very tame and she's so excited to be here that she just wags her tail and licks us constantly. I think of the poor puppies she had and I swear, I'm of a mind to look around the neighborhood where I found her and see if I can spot a house with those dogs. Not sure what I would do. Naturally, I'd never comfront them but I wonder if the police would investigate, if I called them. 

What would you do? I just feel that I can't leave well enough alone. It's burning me up that someone would do this to such an amazing animal. Yes, she's a beast. No doubt about that but she has shown not one ounce of aggression. On the contrary, she is completely submissive, even rolling over on her belly. 

She has a ripped up neck, bumps, bruises, broken teeth and they cut her ears.. AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!! I can just SCREAM!! Of course, my husband says she's home and she'll never be abused again but I'm beyond furious. 

Look at this face.. 

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

She is a doll!!!! I am a huge animal and help a rescue.I would look around.If you see anything call the police.People that abuse animals make me sick and should have done to them what they do to the animal. Thank-you for having a heart and helping her

bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM
She's adorable!! We found a pittie that was also used as a bait dog years ago (male) and he was the absolute best dog!! I would definitely keep an eye out for others but DO NOT confront them!! Those people can be very dangerous!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jortess
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Horrible......I'm beyond words. I'm at the point of tears just reading her story, OMG!

I wouldn't leave it alone. If you see around the neighborhood those little pups, report it. Fighting dogs needs to stop and the crimes against them.

Tis a sad world we live in. Poor little girl. Glad she is "home."

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I found her close to my friend's place which is a pretty seedy area but I'll drive around and see if I can locate the place and inform police to keep an eye on the house if they can't just go in and check. I'm so furious. Some people are true beasts. 

ladydeer23
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I would also contact that ASPCA!! Let them know that you have rescued a dog and you are sure that she was used as a bait dog.. tell them that you are keeping the dog but you might have found where she was being used as the bait dog.. if the cops won't or can't do anything then the ASPCA can and will do something!!! I have worked with dogs there were abused.. and they usually are very good dogs... infact the last one I worked with was a putpit and she was the most gentle and submissive dog.. she didn't even make a noise when a 10 month old baby pulled and bit her ear!!

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that on Monday. I want to drive around and see if I can pinpoint the house, if not, I'll provide the area and maybe they can do something. I'll have my friend keep an eye out since she lives in that area. 

Yes, this dog hardly barks and it's not a strong bark either when she does. She's super excited to be here. 

Quoting ladydeer23:

I would also contact that ASPCA!! Let them know that you have rescued a dog and you are sure that she was used as a bait dog.. tell them that you are keeping the dog but you might have found where she was being used as the bait dog.. if the cops won't or can't do anything then the ASPCA can and will do something!!! I have worked with dogs there were abused.. and they usually are very good dogs... infact the last one I worked with was a putpit and she was the most gentle and submissive dog.. she didn't even make a noise when a 10 month old baby pulled and bit her ear!!

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
She is adorable. Glad she is home with you and your family. Keep fighting mama and you'll come out on top.

I hope this dog ring is found and those non humans are arrested.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ladydeer23
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I'm sure that the ASPCA will do something.. The other advice that I have is don't let anyone tell you that wrong for resuing that sweet loving dog.. it's all in how they are treated... Most people are so narrow minded cause they want to listen to media about "Pittbulls are the most aggressive breed out there".. I say that's bs.. I know of other breeds that are more violent and visious than Pitbulls. Look are rotties and German Shepards... 

Quoting GOBryan:

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that on Monday. I want to drive around and see if I can pinpoint the house, if not, I'll provide the area and maybe they can do something. I'll have my friend keep an eye out since she lives in that area. 

Yes, this dog hardly barks and it's not a strong bark either when she does. She's super excited to be here. 

Quoting ladydeer23:

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

You are correct and I've had Rotties, Shepards and my last big dog was an American Staffshire/Lab mix that was a total beast.. Here's a Pic.. Finally put him down due to bad hips so he was getting cranky but he was a good dog. 

Quoting ladydeer23:

I'm sure that the ASPCA will do something.. The other advice that I have is don't let anyone tell you that wrong for resuing that sweet loving dog.. it's all in how they are treated... Most people are so narrow minded cause they want to listen to media about "Pittbulls are the most aggressive breed out there".. I say that's bs.. I know of other breeds that are more violent and visious than Pitbulls. Look are rotties and German Shepards... 

Quoting GOBryan:

Quoting ladydeer23:

ladydeer23
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

He's adorable!!! I am sure that everything will work out for the best.. Just keep your head up and don't let anyone put your dog down verbially... Dogs are little humans who can't speak for themselves... or atleast that's what my mom used to say!!!!

Quoting GOBryan:

You are correct and I've had Rotties, Shepards and my last big dog was an American Staffshire/Lab mix that was a total beast.. Here's a Pic.. Finally put him down due to bad hips so he was getting cranky but he was a good dog. 

Quoting ladydeer23:

Quoting GOBryan:

Quoting ladydeer23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)