• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids at a Baby Shower?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 10 Replies
So we went to a babyshower today for to of the girls that work for my so. They are really young and most of them don't have any kids so I assumed I would need a sitter. The mom assured my so that we should bring the kids that they will have fun and everyone wanted to see the baby. Which was great saves me a sitter but when we got to the party there was no other kids and nothing for them to do. I really didn't get to sit down the whole 3 and 1/2 hour we were there because I had to watch the three kids and the baby who pulls himself up on everything and had no worries about hitting the concrete. I'm a little annoyed they said to bring the kids I would rather have left them home with my sisters since they were the only ones there and all the games and drinks were for adults. We had to go buy water bottles for them. My so says I'm just over reacting because the kids were so bad but the kids were board and shouldn't have been there! Sorry just venting.

I should have mentioned that all these people are from the same ship so we all know each other and we all have certain ways of doing things. My so ranks higher so ordinarily if he is invited so would a few other people we know people with kids in other words. But for reasons that I don't understand they decided not to. And it was at Hanna Park which is where all of us wives meet up to play date and have kids birthday parties there are multiple parks but they chose a place far away from everything. Which I could understand but I don't understand why non of them told me these things before hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fla33023
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Well, it doesn't sound like the kids were a bother to anyone but you. And even if there were other kids there, you still would have been up watching them. Maybe they also told other people to bring their children and it just so happens that no one else did. If Mommy just wants to relax and enjoy a function, kids stay home!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Sorry hun.

heathermarie23
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Thats why I had my shower at a park, with a playground!  :-)  They should have stated on the invite that it would be adult oriented... :-/  Sorry you had a rough time.

Dinimon
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM
That sucks, sorry, momma.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
loveTHEviking
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:24 PM

That's a bummer. I've been there before.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Hugs and sorry you had a bad time...

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Me too. :(

Quoting LadyBast:

Hugs and sorry you had a bad time...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommytolas
by Tricia on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Well it was at Hanna Park and we asked if we'd be somewhere they could play and they had said yes a but then were no where near the park. And they didn't invite anyone else with kids, and it would have made all the difference if they had someone to play with. Hanna Park is right off the naval base it's a great spot because the parks are gated so Mommys can sit at the tables and kids,can play. That's how everyone of us who has a party involving kids does it so I had assumed that was plan. And besides which the problem with watching them was they also wanted us to participate in the games because they planed couple games and I couldn't do both. I don't think it made sense.

Quoting fla33023:

Well, it doesn't sound like the kids were a bother to anyone but you. And even if there were other kids there, you still would have been up watching them. Maybe they also told other people to bring their children and it just so happens that no one else did. If Mommy just wants to relax and enjoy a function, kids stay home!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dawnie1
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I'm sorry that happened. (hug)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)