Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9 year old orlando boy missing

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM
  • 25 Replies
Orlando Police are looking for a 9-year-old Orlando boy who vanished from a local park late Thursday.

Karim Daniels, 9, was dropped off at Lizzie Rogers Park about 6 p.m. by a family member.

But when the family came to pick up the child about 7:30 p.m., he was gone, said Sgt. Jim Young, a police spokesman.

Karim stands about 4-foot-1, weighs approximately 75 pounds and was last seen wearing a white shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers.

Anyone with information about Karim's whereabouts can call Orlando Police at 321-235-5300.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:47 AM

WHY would anyone drop off a 9 year old boy at a park and leave? That is the most stupid thing and that's how kids get abducted, raped and killed. My son is 8 and I can't fathom leaving him without supervision. That's simply ignorance and neglect on the part of the parents. 

Is there a picture of this boy? I do hope they find him safe and sound. 

armyvet06
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking that same exact thing when I heard it on the news. My DD is only 2 but I will never drop her off at a park and leave her until she is responcible enough to be outside on her own for a few hours.

Quoting GOBryan:

WHY would anyone drop off a 9 year old boy at a park and leave? That is the most stupid thing and that's how kids get abducted, raped and killed. My son is 8 and I can't fathom leaving him without supervision. That's simply ignorance and neglect on the part of the parents. 

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM

When my daughter was a teen, I still didn't let her walk around alone because adults are getting abducted so how is a child supposed to protect his/herself when adults can't. I would make sure that if she was meeting someone, she was not left alone. 

This is such a pet peeve of mine with parents. I think this is so irresponsible and neglectful that when it happens, they really shouldn't be shocked. They invited trouble. 

Quoting armyvet06:

I was thinking that same exact thing when I heard it on the news. My DD is only 2 but I will never drop her off at a park and leave her until she is responcible enough to be outside on her own for a few hours.

Quoting GOBryan:

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM
3 moms liked this

OK... JUST HEARD HE'S HOME AND SAFE.. Hopefully, his parents learned a lesson from this. 

armyvet06
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Good. I hope they did too.

Quoting GOBryan:

OK... JUST HEARD HE'S HOME AND SAFE.. Hopefully, his parents learned a lesson from this. 

TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM

what the hell kind of irresponsible person just drops off a 9 year old in that part of town?   

armyvet06
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Who leaves their 9 year old alone for an hour and a half in the first place? And I'm guessing that part of town is not the best?

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

what the hell kind of irresponsible person just drops off a 9 year old in that part of town?   

Dinimon
by Diana on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM
That's awesome! Do they know where he went?

Quoting GOBryan:

strictmomhere
by Nan on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM
ThankGod

Quoting GOBryan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_382
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM
well that's a good thing but that is the most stupidest thing you can do what the hell are you thinking the boy is only 9

Quoting strictmomhere:

ThankGod

Quoting GOBryan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)