Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In Need of Employment

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 17 Replies

I am seeking to get my career started. I have a BS in Hospitality Management, and an AA in Patiserrie and Baking. I would love something in that field, but don't mind working outside of it, as long as I can grow with the company. My last position was with a small Training and Development company as an Exec. Assistant (2.5 years) and while doing that I also worked at W Hotel (3 mos) in the pastry kitchen (internship, but had to quit because of a high-risk pregnancy).  I live in Miami, but am willing to relocate anywhere in Florida as long as the salary is enough to maintain the cost of living for myself and my three boys. 

I know this is probably not the best place to seek employement, because the conversation on here can get quite candid, but I thought I'd go for it and use all my resources. Please don't hold anything I might've said against me; it doesn't interfere with my ability to get the job done. If anyone knows of anything, please let me know. Thanks. 

Cafe Jewel

juggling

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I would be checking all papers in the state and Craigslist also..

Good luck

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Good luck with your search. 

strictmomhere
by Nan on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Hope you find a great job:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lukee
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Best of Luck in your search--do not limit yourself--even an office or store job will allow you some time to look about --consider baking on the side --never discount anything--I said never would I work in an office but when I found the right place it was fun interesting etc and I hit it good twice--first at a hospital and second an appraisal office --btw hospitals may be interested in your skills--nothing ventured nothing gained

momma21qtpi
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Pure life essentials is looking for reps. In the south Florida area. If you are interested, feel free to Pm me and I'll TXT u my number.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by Diana on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Good luck!
MamaFrankie
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM

This state has NO jobs! which is why I'm happy to be leaving in a few montshs

JewelJones
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Quoting MamaFrankie:

I know. My sister lives like 20 minutes N of Philly and she has offered to have me. If I don't find something by about June, I think I'm going to have to take her up on it. The only reason I dont want to do that is because I'd be w/o my hubby for a while. This sucks. 

Cafe Jewel

juggling

nomadbrat83
by Amanda on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:04 AM
I suppose that depends on where you live and what types of jobs you are looking for. I have had not had difficulty finding jobs here, nor has most of the people I know.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Best of luck to you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)