Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Taking the kids to Disney for the first time tomorrow EDIT*#2 with pictures

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

i have a few questions for anyone who has been recently. How much is parking? And will they let me bring in snacks and juice boxes for my kids?

also which are the best rides for little kids?

here are some pics from our day at Disney 

Sarah      10-16-06                                     Luciano 11-27-08

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccam321
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM

take my daughter were in orlando

ambermario4ever
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM

BUMP!

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Parking is around $12.00 if I recall correctly. I live 45 minutes from there but we get in for free because my friend's husband works there. Just went about a month ago. If you have small kids, you should be able to sneak in some snacks and juice boxes. I took it in with my kids and they never said anything. 

ambertreas76
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Parking is $14.  Yes, you can bring in snacks and juice boxes just no coolers.  

ambermario4ever
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok thanks. We live about the same distance away as you do. We haven't been since the kids where born because of the price of tickets. Only going tomorrow becuase my little brother is in town with his high school marching band and they are marching in the parade tomorrow and Disney is giving me free tickets since I haven't seen him in five years. I don't want to spend to much in the park tomorrow so just wanted to get a heads up to plan for my spending.

Quoting GOBryan:

Parking is around $12.00 if I recall correctly. I live 45 minutes from there but we get in for free because my friend's husband works there. Just went about a month ago. If you have small kids, you should be able to sneak in some snacks and juice boxes. I took it in with my kids and they never said anything. 

ambermario4ever
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I am packing them in little Iisollated lunch boxes that I am putting in a back pack.

Quoting ambertreas76:

ambertreas76
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

You should be fine!  Put some frozen gel packs in to keep them cool.  If there is any issue, just tell them that your children have food allergies so you have to be careful what you feed them.  There shouldn't be any issues, though.  I checked my annual pass info and it says you can bring snacks and drinks.  You should be golden!

Quoting ambermario4ever:

I am packing them in little Iisollated lunch boxes that I am putting in a back pack.

Quoting ambertreas76:

Mommytolas
by Tricia on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
We just went ourselves and did two of the parks. We brought three lunchables each for the kids some fruit snacks (the tubes of baby food all my kids love them and they are 8 6 and 4) and frozen water water bottles. Nobody said anything and it's well worth it. We sat down to lunch bought the kids some fries and filled their sippy cups with lemonade. Walmart makes cups that even older kids will like to use and everyone in the restaurants was really nice, we made reservations at the crystal palace for lunch in Magic Kingdom and our waitress offered to fill our sippy cups to take with us and told us we could do it throughout the park! Disney is really great about stuff like that. I don't think there is any rides other than rollercoasters you can't lap on. My 8 month has been on just about all of them! Have fun your first trip is always the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM

BUMP!

LadyBast
by Brenda on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Have fun and enjoy share pics too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)