Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

and after 2 hrs at the dr.. UPDATED from the drs today

Posted by   + Show Post

we find out my 6 yr old has bronchitis!!  She just started coughing Thursday evening.. only at night too then over the weekend it just kept getting worse but I'm not one to rush to Urgent Care/After Hours/ER for a cough.  Anyways she was complaining her ear hurt yesterday as well.  So this morning I called her dr to see about getting her in today well they gave me 45 minutes to get both girls and myself dressed and WALK the half mile to the dr (husband has the truck at work).  Well we made it there had to fill out paperwork since she hasn't been seen before and in the room we went since they didn't want her coughing all over everything in the waiting room.   Well the dr came in listened to her we talked about a few things that have been bothering my daughter and some other concerns.  Well 2 hours and a breathing treatment later we have a bronchitis diagnosis.. home with a neubulizer, antibiotic and a cough medicine and a return appointment for Thursday.  

This is NOT THE SPRING BREAK that we wanted to have! 

and now the 4 yr old is complaining her ear hurts :(   

Well went back to the DRs this morning.. she still has the bronchitis :(  switched up her cough medicine and we get to continue the breathing treatments how we are now... if she doesn't improve in a week or two she has to back in.   Any my 4 yr old doesn't have an ear infection but a whole lot of built up ear wax

Mommy to two girls here on earth and one in Heaven watching over us

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Replies (11-16):
loveTHEviking
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Oh no! I'm so sorry she is sick! I hope she feels better pronto. It's always the worst when the kids are sick! 

wingsfan1234
by Amy on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:34 PM

updated

strictmomhere
by Nan on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Hope shes better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by Diana on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Poor kidlets. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Bronchitis is just awful. :( Hugs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Hope the new medicine works better for her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)