Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

What do you think is the best zoo in Florida?

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Replies (11-15):
AriAriAri
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:36 AM
We're in Melbourne and have gone to the Brevard Zoo a few times. Save your money and don't bother. They don't have many exhibits and the few big ones that they have like giraffes and rhinos are rarely viewable as the animals hide behind the trees in their enclosure.

Quoting Ruthzaad:

Hahahaha I was just looking up FL zoos because we are planning to go tomorrow! I have been to Miamis zoo and it is awesome, Tampas is too. I was checking out the one in Jacksonville and it looks cool but its 2 hours away, so I'm not sure if dh will want to go to it. Has anyone been to the Melbourne zoo or the zoo in Altimonte Springs?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jenn820
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I like Brevard Zoo (in Melbourne).
It is small but it is a great 1/2 day trip. The Paws On area for kids is cool, they have a water play area, a petting zoo, and a center that has some cool reptiles and small animals. There is usually one out for an encounter.
It's better to go when it's not super hot. The cheetahs hide in the shade when it's too warm. The giraffes are a hit or a miss. They walk where they want. We have had a few times where we could've waited but chose not too. When they are there though, it is an amazing encounter. I have some of the best pictures of my son feeding crackers to the giraffes. There is also an aviary where you can feed different birds (they will land right on you if you let them) and a train ride that my son loves.
If you want more excitement, there is a kayak trip that goes through it and there is a tree top trek that takes you in bridges and zip lines above a bunch of exhibits.
Brevard zoo is little, but my son and I love it.
whatmynameagain
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:39 AM
We've been to Lowry park zoo in Tampa and love it. Haven't been in a few years but occasionally they have a $6/ person deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaiasMommy619
by Safina on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I've only been to the plam beach zoo... Which isn't really that great lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
craftyperson59
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM

We lived in Jacksonville years ago. As a room mother I went to the zoo a few times.  It was great then and I bet it's better now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN