Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

how many.....

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 14 Replies
Zoo's have you gone to? And which one is your favorite?
I have been to 2 zoos,zoo miami and the zoo in dc and by far the zoo in dc is my favorite.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM
2, Lowry park and San Diego. Obviously San Diego was better
BluntlyBlue
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM

San Diego Zoo and the Wildlife Park, Riverbanks  Zoo in SC, Central Florida Zoo and the Brevard Zoo.

My favorite animal places aren't  zoos per se: Reptile World in St. Cloud and Green Meadows Farm in Kissimmee. I love me some snakes and cows :-D

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Zoo Miami because the animals have more space to roam.  I really didnt like the San Diego Zoo and the Bronx zoo was not my fave realting to space provided for the animals.  I think those are older zoos though, so at the time, they didnt fully understand the animals' needs and they were more for display.

I liked the Lowry zoo but we were hit by a major storm so didnt get to see very much of it.

leighp1
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:34 AM

I have been to many of them.  I can't say which one I like the most because they all have things that I liked about them.  Right now I love the Gulf Breeze zoo.  It is smaller than most, but they are working hard to add to it.  The animals that they do have there are very interactive with the visitors.  By that I mean they don't hide, they are very vocal and are almost right at the fence.  My daughter has a website of some of the animals at our zoo.  And it does seem that every time we go there, there is a new baby animal.  Easter we got to pet the new guinea pig and a new bunny, three lambs.  So as you can see, it really is hard to pick just one zoo.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I've been to the Bronx zoo, Beardsley Zoo, and Jacksonville Zoo. I like the Jacksonville Zoo best.
Dinimon
by Diana on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I haven't been to a zoo since I left Germany. I've been to a wildlife park though.
Mari6443
by Marissa on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM
The only zoo I've been to is The Lowry Park Zoo. I like that it is very kid-friendly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anng.atlanta
by Ann on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Pittsburgh Zoo as a kid. All I remember from that was sitting on a Galapagos turtle. Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC and San Diego Zoo. Both are spectacular. I went to one in Colo Springs, CO. It was small and in the mountains. I remember thinking how odd it was seeing giraffes at 6000+ feet. And I went to Jax zoo last weekend. Very nice zoo, altho there wasn't a huge variety of animals.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I've been to a few but Brevard Zoo is my favorite.
loveTHEviking
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I've only been to one zoo & that's the Jacksonvile Zoo. We love it:). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN