Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need Mommy advice for my business I am starting!!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM
  • 24 Replies

I am starting my own Baby shower business where I take care of the shower. Exactly like a wedding planner but on a WAY smaller scale. I will be having 4D utrasounds done during the showers as an option as well. Now I am just needing to know what is the average cost of a baby shower. What is the average you all will spend? I will be doing low key showers all the way up to BIG extravagant ones. I want to make all prices reasonable, I just need advice :) Thank you!!! 

-Jessica :)

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Sorry no help here I have not done this in years...

Good luck you need a photographer also, I say that b/c that is what I do and that would be a great thing to have at a shower... Just an idea!

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Never had a baby shower, but its been years since I gave one. Good luck with it. I too have a business so if you need help, PM me.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaiasMommy619
by Safina on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe $2-300 for a basic shower? It will go up from there depending on all the extras.

fygfitness_mom
by Chris on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I spent upwards of $500 on my little sister's shower in March of 2012. :-D

We were in nothern Arizona, so that would equate to costing more here in Florida.

Dinimon
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I would start at around $300 for smaller showers. Sorry I'm not much help. Good luck. :)
Dinimon
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM
What kind of business do you own?
Sorry, I'm nosy. :/

Quoting mamamedic69:

Never had a baby shower, but its been years since I gave one. Good luck with it. I too have a business so if you need help, PM me.

lyndadenise
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Congratulations on starting your own business.  It is an exciting and yes sometimes  a scary time.  
There are so  many different kinds of showers, different themes, that there is really no average cost.
You need to do your research and cost out different kinds of showers from the basic to the extravagant. Obviously some costs will be fixed such as the location and then there are costs associated with how many people such as food, drinks, napkins, favors, etc.  So I would start with getting prices on hall rentals, restaurant event rooms, caterers, bartenders, servers, and you will be able to come up with a cost per person and from that you can add your markup.  Hope this helps.  

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I make homemade cookies!!! I ship anywhere too.

Quoting Dinimon:

Quoting mamamedic69:

Dinimon
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Oh cool! Does it profit a lot?

Quoting mamamedic69:

Quoting Dinimon:

Quoting mamamedic69:

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM

During the holidays it does. The rest of time it's hit or miss.

Quoting Dinimon:

Oh cool! Does it profit a lot?

Quoting mamamedic69:

Quoting Dinimon:

Quoting mamamedic69:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)