Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potentially relocating to West Coast Florida????

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello fellow moms.  We are considering relocating to the West Coast of Florida.  We are looking for family friendly communities and neighborhoods, we have young children.  We would like to be close to the coast and have heard great things about Sarasota and Naples.  I welcome any feedback.

Thank you

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Replies (11-16):
ambertreas76
by Amber on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I'm in Ocala but here a bumpsky!

FlyingMonkey
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM
We just bought a house in Lakewood Ranch - love the area and the schools are great!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof4NH
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Did you relocate or are you from Sarasota?  I've been researching neighborhoods do you know anything about Deer Creek of Palmer Ranch?

thank you 

tiffany 

LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Good luck it is nice down there!

AWALLD
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:07 PM
We live in Bradenton and travel to Sarasota quite often, most definitely would choose Sarasota over Bradenton or even Naples, but for opposite reasons. Lots of snow birds, but they clear out Easter weekend mostly. We moved from savannah Georgia area in December. Good luck with your search!
quickbooksworm
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I lived in both Sarasota and Clearwater.  If I had to choose one, I'd move back to Clearwater.  Sarasota is full of old people and season makes the local economy really bizarre, which can be difficult on jobs.  Clearwater has a lot more beaches with a ton of parking (sarasota has almost no parking at the beach) and it is a VERY family friendly area with a lot of stuff to do.  I'd move back there in a heart beat and you couldn't pay me to live in Sarasota again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)