Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Child Needs A School..

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM
  • 18 Replies

To go to outside of his assigned one. My oldest is starting Kindergarten in the fall and I need to know if anyone knows how to get "permission" to send their child to school other than the assigned one. I have tried applyng to Charter schools and he number was not chosen and now Im getting desperate. I really don't want to have to use someone else's address or move but there is no way I will allow my child to attend a "D" school. I live in Dade County, btw. Any suggestions? 

Cafe Jewel

juggling

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dinimon
by Diana on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Here's a bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM
If you can move then I would move. If you use someone else's address it's a felony. It's classified as theft of services.

The only other options are private or homeschool. I hope you can work it all out.
wingsfan1234
by Amy on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM

school of choice within your county ;)  you may have to provide the transportation though

strictmomhere
by Nan on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Im not sure heres a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fla33023
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I believe you have to go to your assigned school or a school of choice as stated above. Did you check the Dade County Board of Ed website for all possible charter schools?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fla33023
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Also FCAT was just last week. There's always the possibility that the students did well and their grade will be raised. The info will be out in a few weeks. If they went to a C that will show they have implemented new measures and/or new teachers which are making a difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JewelJones
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Im not sure what that means. Is that an option that most school boards offer? I have no problem transporting them.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I'm not sure but here's a bump.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Quoting JewelJones:

Im not sure what that means. Is that an option that most school boards offer? I have no problem transporting them.

http://www.knowyourchoices.org/

I am wondering why this is suddenly an issue. Hasn't he been going to the school all year? 

JewelJones
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Yes, but to a private preschool; he's now on his way to Kindergarten. Thanks for the link.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)