Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Job Suggestions For DH

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 16 Replies

My hubby is a restauant manager and has been in this field since 06'. He has bad tenure with these positon, honestly, although he has the personality for the hopsitality business. He seems to get laid off, fired or has to resign for a serious issue (this happened once). He's been laid off more than anything. He thinks he might be on his way out now, again and I am through with him going back to managing a restaurant. 

I need some suggestions for jobs that maybe your S/O or DH's have where the pay is decent and the industry is not too hard to get into. Im out of ideas and out of patience. Not sure what to do at this point with thie unstable job market mixed with his problems at his job. Help...

Any suggestive thoughts?

Thanks for the suggestions ladies; I am looking into all of these options. 

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ANGIE9958
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Maybe he can change his field maybe sales or Pest control
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Hotel manager?  Any management experience can get him a good paying job really.  Ever thought abot a job with the city you live??  Great benefite usually!

strictmomhere
by Nan on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:17 AM
City jobs and county jobs are great:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by Diana on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I wish I could help you but my husband is the one and only chef at the restaurant we work at, for shit pay and a LOT of work.
Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Quoting strictmomhere:

City jobs and county jobs are great:)

if you want to worry about being laid off constantly and never get any kind of pay increase.

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Hotel management ??

LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Sorry no help I would suggest maybe school and find something else also that he can do... Good luck

WendyJR
by Wendy on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Sorry DH is an electrical engineer so i'm not help. Good Luck!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM
My husband is a grocery manager for Publix; he started out as a bagger when he was 15 and is still working for the company 25 years later. Publix is a great company to work for so in terms of ideas for your husband, it may or may not work :)
MorganTho
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM
My df is a meat manager at Publix. What area is his store in?

Quoting KylesMom409:

My husband is a grocery manager for Publix; he started out as a bagger when he was 15 and is still working for the company 25 years later. Publix is a great company to work for so in terms of ideas for your husband, it may or may not work :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)