Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HAVE YOU STARTED GETTING READY YET?

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM
  • 24 Replies

for HURRICANE SEASON that is?  I just realized it was May and was like crap!  I gotta start my hurricane prep!  Water, batteries, canned foods, flashlights, etc.

by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fla33023
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Nah, we're not preparers as crazy as that may be. If something is on it's way, we'll be at Publix with the masses!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamedic69
by Deanna on May. 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I'm always ready so I don't really have to get much. I just need to make sure I have enough batteries as the kids toys take some.
leighp1
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I will start getting ready with batteries and maybe water and then add to the canned goods as we go.  I sure don't want to be with the crowds if a hurricane does come this way.  Wonder what their predictions are for the panhandle. 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Nope.Not at all

TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM

the only time i've ever done anything for a hurricane other than a hurricane party or sleep is when the east coast got gangbanged in 2004.  we left ahead of the storm. when we got back we were w/o power for weeks.  in that case, i wish we had prepared.  but  i really don't stress anything less than a cat 4.  

lukee
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I do stock water --will have some tuna and canned chicken--and  am sure to have gas for the grill--if power off very long will have to cook freezer contents and then will have to eat that--hurricanes seldom hit here and the only one that has was Frances in 2004 --her housekeeping put us without electric for four days--I say housekeeping because trees were about her greatest target

LadyJag
by Laura on May. 14, 2013 at 10:56 AM

We don't do anything unless we're in the direct path of the eye of a major storm, and being in Jax, that seldom happens. (Last hurricane to hit us directly was in 1964.)

Besides, hubby is on the Disaster Recovery team at his work, so if there's a serious threat, he is sent to Atlanta, and we can choose to go with him on the company dime. I work from home, so leaving won't really affect my job.

Dinimon
by Diana on May. 14, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Yep. Same here.

Quoting fla33023:

Nah, we're not preparers as crazy as that may be. If something is on it's way, we'll be at Publix with the masses!
strictmomhere
by Nan on May. 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Not yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WendyJR
by Wendy on May. 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I have a basic kit. I need to stock up on a few things but we're pretty ready.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)