Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Riverview/Brandon moms

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

Good Evening,

I just moved to Riverview last month. Work in Brandon. My 4 year old goes to school in Riverview, as well as my older 2. (older 2, Public-younger one private).

WHat is there to do with the boys, cost effecient. Lakeland had incredible playgrounds, just not great as a whole.

Any good seafood restaurants?  ( I am from New England, originally. Seafood is different up North).

Any info would be appreciated.

Melany

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
strictmomhere
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Welcome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBast
by Brenda on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome I live just outside of Brandon/Riverview.. As for what to do we take pics so we go all over and do that parks there are some all over google Hillsborough County Parks and you will find them most are county but nice! Seafood IDK b/c I buy mine at Publix and cook it!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:53 PM
I'm in Port St Lucie but here's a bump.
Javamom00
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Thank you ladies!!! Looking forward to living here.
Javamom00
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM

So have any moms decided to meet up, so we all can say hello other than through internet.

jbfcmom
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Things we like to do during the summer...go to beach, go to Adveture Island (pay for a day and get he summer weekday pass for free so we will be going lots this summer), go kayaking (there are some great places to launch around Apollo Beach), Children's Museum downtown (there was a groupon recently), Florida Aquarium (there was an Amazon local deal recently and they have a cute little water play area), Pump It Up on Fri mornings for the 6 and under open play, roller skating on Sat mornings for the beginners session because it tends to be a younger and less rowdy crowd, go to the library (the southshore library is really nice with a big kids' library and several activities every week). During the winter we like to go see the manatees at the TECO viewing station. Throughout the whole year I like to look at the calendar of shows in the kids' series at the Straz Center. Some of them can be pricey, but some aren't too bad.

Sign up for the macaroni kids newsletter and you will get a calendar of events every week, or you can go on their website to see their monthly calendar in advance.

http://brandon.macaronikid.com/calendar/

Javamom00
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Wow that was great information...thank you so much. I will sign up for that newsletter
jbfcmom
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Just an FYI, the Glazer Children's Museum in downtown Tamp that I mentioned in my post has a Living Social deal right now plus an additional promo code. Get a 1 yr family membership for up to 5 people for $35 (Living Social deal is for $50 then put in promo code "celebrate30" to bring it down to $35). This museum has lots of special activities throughout the year, especially during the holidays.

http://t.livingsocial.com/deals/746460?ref=email-jp&rpi=123112622&rui=21548226

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)