Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i miss hollywood fl so much!

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM
  • 15 Replies

i am in a way home sick ive been missing hollywood fl so much the schools r so much better kids arent spoiled down there, they actually know what it feels like to go to disney not like theses kids up in orlando who dont get excited when there teacher or parents take em. its so pretty down there amazing beaches and the people there so nice, the only thing is i cant go down there cuz my dh wont move cuz of his job and he likes it up here i guess im going to have suck it up and live here. i rele just dont like how spoiled most kids r up in orlando. (not trying to affend other mommys)  =) =/

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ToolArmy066
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Hey!!! That's where i am lol. We want to move out of here eventually. Where in hollyweird did you used to live?
angiejones256
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM

we used to live in the area of davie right near sherdian. and a bit of adivce DONT COME HERE LOL other then the parks (which r pricey) theres nothing up here the beaches r sooo far from anything fun. idk maybe im just saying that cuz im home sick lol sorry dont listen to me. lol

Quoting ToolArmy066:

Hey!!! That's where i am lol. We want to move out of here eventually. Where in hollyweird did you used to live?

ToolArmy066
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I'm right down the street from stirling rd/davie. We're not to far from sheridan, kinda in between. We definitely wouldn't move up there, my husband wants to buy land somewhere. We just got back from okechobee (sp?) and were looking at property in that area.

Quoting angiejones256:we used to live in the area of davie right near sherdian. and a bit of adivce DONT COME HERE LOL other then the parks (which r pricey) theres nothing up here the beaches r sooo far from anything fun. idk maybe im just saying that cuz im home sick lol sorry dont listen to me. lol
Quoting ToolArmy066:Hey!!! That's where i am lol. We want to move out of here eventually. Where in hollyweird did you used to live?
So_Devious20
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I can imagine kids wouldn't be as excited to go to Disney. I would probably have a yearly pass if I lived there. (I live in Orange Park). Sorry you hate your new town =[
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Hugs!
LadyBast
by Brenda on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM

So sorry Hun but it will get better for you after a while, if there are jobs stay it is not easy to find a good one right now.. It is getting better.. Hugs

fla33023
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Well, you can't blame the kids. It's what they're used to so it's not necessarily special. I love Hollywood too. I live in Miramar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mammabear413
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM
My df hates it here in south fl . We thinking of moving to Tampa area. To funny
lukee
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:29 AM

any place new that takes you away from where you have friends and had activities that you enjoyed will try thr best of anyones emotions. A hundred years ago I left up north and moved to Florida--I left friends , city life , a good job and landed in a county that was so back woods--I cried a lot that first year or so. Social events meant the couple down the road came up and we played cards--then to make things more exciting we had tournaments--winner of 5 games was treated by the other to an ice cream sundaes for the family--and we drove 50 miles to Tampa to the nearest ice cream shoppe LOL. In time you make friends and find things to do and it all works out --but you have to leave the house--smile , talk to anyone and everyone, one of them will click sooner or later and from there the circle grows. Good luck in your new surroundings

Dinimon
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:32 AM
It'll take a while. Hugs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)