Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So let me tell you how it went.

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM
  • 9 Replies
We were supposed to be at the hospital at 6:45am
Stupid us, didn't go to bed at all because we were up with Drake til 3. We figured if we go to bed, we'll most likely oversleep so we figured we'd just stay up. We left the house at around 5:30 because Rob figured we'd stop at dunkin donuts and get a coffe and a birthday muffin. We ended up leaving Dunkin donuts at 5:45 because we could keep our eyes open, lol. So we got to the hospital at around 6:00 and they got him admitted and everything right away. He went in to surgery at 8:30 and they told us we should be ready to go home in 3-4 hours. We got home after 6:00. As in 6:00 PM!
I was sitting in the surgical waiting area and could barely keep my eyes open, waiting to hear from Rob. So finally the DR calls me and tells me it went great and I could see him in about an hour and a half. An hour and a half later they call me back and say he's really sleepy and needs to stay in recovery longer. In the mean time I've had 6-7 coffees and could barely stay awake. I didn't get to see Rob until well after 3:00. His oxygen dropped (what is it with the men in this family and their oxygen?) what happened was they "blocked" the nerves in his shoulder and that block was affecting his diaphragm (sp?) which caused him to breathe different...
Anyways, we're finally home, I made some good schnitzels with German potato salad for dinner and I'm about to hit the hay..
Thanks for all the well and birthday wishes. You guys rock.
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
fla33023
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Glad it went well. Hope you can find some sleep somewhere!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I'm about to hit the couch and pass out.

Quoting fla33023:

Glad it went well. Hope you can find some sleep somewhere!
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Glad it went well today and hopefully you all can get some sleep.
Dinimon
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Thanks.

Quoting mamamedic69:

MamaJessx3
by Jess on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Glad it all went well
MaiasMommy619
by Safina on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I missed something!! I haven't been in here much lately :/ but I'm glad everything went well surgery wise and get some much needed rest!!!
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Definitely!

Quoting mamamedic69:

Cafe Steph
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Glad it went well and you went home - hospitals always lie about when you get to go home, don't they? ((HUGS))

Dinimon
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Yea. I'm getting so tired of seeing hospitals, lol.
I hope no one gets hurt or real sick. I don't know if I can take one more trip there.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Glad it went well and you went home - hospitals always lie about when you get to go home, don't they? ((HUGS))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)