Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Back to school shopping?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:36 AM
  • 30 Replies
Have you started shopping for back to school yet? I can't believe the ads in the paper already. Yes, it's next month but it's over a month away!
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ForeverLawst
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Not really. I give my DD14 a large allowance every month and out of that money she buys all of her clothes, entertainment etc. The only things I supply for her are tennis shoes and underware/bras. The rest is up to her. She knows that when she starts driving, that all of her gas money comes out of that money too. I only started this last month, so I'm waiting to see if she starts budgeting properly. Should be an interesting experiment for me. 

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:41 AM
No we have not.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I went to Old Navy last week during their stuff n save event (40% off) and got dd polos. She still fits in her shorts and skirts so I'm not getting those yet. I also bought her 2 pairs of shoes from Journeys Kidz because they are having a 50% off sale and I got crayons and markers from Toys R Us Saturday BC they were having a buy 1 get 2 free sale on Crayola. I'm getting stuff as good sales pop up
strictmomhere
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Not yet:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fygfitness_mom
by Chris on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Not yet.

We were waiting to see what our youngest's school was going to do with their lax uniform policy. We're also waiting for the middle school info to come in the mail for our oldest. I am sort of an office supply junkie so I don't worry about that end of the school supplies.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Not yet. No really good deals yet

Miss_Mandy80
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I haven't started quite yet. But will be for clothes in the next Week or so. My DS is in Middle school so it's different when it comes to School supplies. Each teacher needs different things...the joys! hahaha =)

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:35 PM

No but mine aren't in school just yet

fygfitness_mom
by Chris on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM

My oldest starts middle school this year, I can't wait to get the list from each teacher..sigh

Quoting Miss_Mandy80:

I haven't started quite yet. But will be for clothes in the next Week or so. My DS is in Middle school so it's different when it comes to School supplies. Each teacher needs different things...the joys! hahaha =)

Miss_Mandy80
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:58 PM

lol...I hear you. Sometimes it's like "Are you kidding, all that?" It is definitely more than Elementary. And so different. Instead of dealing with just one Teacher, you deal with 6/7...Oh fun fun! lol

Quoting fygfitness_mom:

My oldest starts middle school this year, I can't wait to get the list from each teacher..sigh

Quoting Miss_Mandy80:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)