Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Chores

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:00 AM
  • 15 Replies
How old were your kids when you first had them start doing chores? For those of you with younger kids, how old will they be when you have them start doing them?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Mine help out. Not really set chores just yet though.

fygfitness_mom
by Chris on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:12 AM

My oldest was four when the idea was introduced. We did wait until our youngest was four to ensure she was helping, but when she was that age she wanted to do everything her sister was doing so it was more difficult to stop her from "helping".

They were responsible for keeping their play area clean, ensuring their dirty clothes made it into the clothes hamper, and helping me take their plates to the kitchen (which was adorable when they were that age).

strictmomhere
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TY4x2
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I dont remember how old the other 2 were but my 8 year old helps clean.  I figure if your old enough to make the mess you are old enough to clean it up.  I have a 2yr old granddaughter that I make clean up her toys and put her own dishes in the sink.  She does really good at it.

whatmynameagain
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Mine help out but don't have specific jobs ,except the older two havepick to pick up their toys and put their dirty clothes in the wash basket. The baby likes to "sweep" and help pick up. I just started showing my 6 year old how to wash dishes bc he likes to wash them lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:37 AM
My dd has been "helping" with everything since she was almost 2. We don't have set chores.
lukee
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:40 AM

kids or grandkids --when they can take their clothes off they can put them in the hamper--as soon as they can reach the kitchen counter they can carry dishes off the table. My theory was we all live here and we all work a little bit to make it a nice place to be. These contributions were not rewarded with allowances --that was a totally separate thing--until older and big tasks were a paid job that added to their income

Dinimon
by Diana on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Leonie has to help unload the dishwasher (she hands me the plastic containers) and pick up in her room. Drake doesn't to chores yet.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Same here

Quoting mamamedic69:

My dd has been "helping" with everything since she was almost 2. We don't have set chores.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:54 AM
My DS, not DD. LOL

Quoting KylesMom409:

Same here

Quoting mamamedic69:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN