Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Palm Coast anyone?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am new to florida and a new mother. My son william is 3 months old and could really use some baby friends in the area. anyone around my area? st augustine isnt to far but as i have alread said im not really familiar with the area to much. any suggestions on the sun and my 3 month old being out in/ safe spots to play would be aprectiated too!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WendyJR
by Wendy on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Hi There! I'm Wendy. I'm in Palm Coast. We've lived here for 4 years. I have a 2 yo DD and 4yo DS.

A cool place to make friends with younger kids is at the Library. They have baby story time at 10am on Thursdays (Sept 5th is the next one).  (2500 Palm Coast Pkwy. N.W.
Palm Coast, FL 32137)The flagler beach library also has a story time but i'm not sure when that starts.

That's really the only thing for babies around here. WHen he's a little older the community center offers programs for toddlers, palm coast gymnastics has open gym on fridays.

There are a ton of parks if you just want to take him for a walk and check out the play grounds http://www.palmcoastgov.com/parks

Get a good sunscreen (alba/california baby) they seem to be safe for younger children. Hats, Swim shirts etc at the beach. And umbrella/beach tent are awesome as well. DD was born here and i just kept her sun screened and in the shade when we were outside.

Good Luck! And welcome to PC! If you have any more questions feel free to ask i'll try to answer them :)

LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Welcome to FL and the group!

Sorry I am in Tampa!

Cass2626
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM

thanks for the library tip, i think i will go thursday

Quoting WendyJR:

Hi There! I'm Wendy. I'm in Palm Coast. We've lived here for 4 years. I have a 2 yo DD and 4yo DS.

A cool place to make friends with younger kids is at the Library. They have baby story time at 10am on Thursdays (Sept 5th is the next one).  (2500 Palm Coast Pkwy. N.W.
Palm Coast, FL 32137)The flagler beach library also has a story time but i'm not sure when that starts.

That's really the only thing for babies around here. WHen he's a little older the community center offers programs for toddlers, palm coast gymnastics has open gym on fridays.

There are a ton of parks if you just want to take him for a walk and check out the play grounds http://www.palmcoastgov.com/parks

Get a good sunscreen (alba/california baby) they seem to be safe for younger children. Hats, Swim shirts etc at the beach. And umbrella/beach tent are awesome as well. DD was born here and i just kept her sun screened and in the shade when we were outside.

Good Luck! And welcome to PC! If you have any more questions feel free to ask i'll try to answer them :)

CafeMom Tickers
WendyJR
by Wendy on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM
You're very welcome :)

Quoting Cass2626:

thanks for the library tip, i think i will go thursday

Quoting WendyJR:

That's
really the only thing for babies around here. WHen he's a little older
the community center offers programs for toddlers, palm coast gymnastics
has open gym on fridays.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by Diana on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Welcome!
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Welcome! :)
magnod87
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Hello my names Jessica, I am new to the area as well. Although I don't have any children in the age range of your son; its always nice to meet new people and get to know them. Where are you originally from? And I know they have things at the library and every now and then and at the park they have community events for children.

Quoting Cass2626:

I am new to florida and a new mother. My son william is 3 months old and could really use some baby friends in the area. anyone around my area? st augustine isnt to far but as i have alread said im not really familiar with the area to much. any suggestions on the sun and my 3 month old being out in/ safe spots to play would be aprectiated too!

Cass2626
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Im cassandra and i am from michigan, i lived up by canada so its a big change, i hate the heat and love the snow so florida is not my fav place lol

Quoting magnod87:

Hello my names Jessica, I am new to the area as well. Although I don't have any children in the age range of your son; its always nice to meet new people and get to know them. Where are you originally from? And I know they have things at the library and every now and then and at the park they have community events for children.

Quoting Cass2626:

CafeMom Tickers
magnod87
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Hi Cassandra, I know the feeling it is blazing hot here lol. I miss the snow I love winter time. What do you like to do for fun?

Quoting Cass2626:

Im cassandra and i am from michigan, i lived up by canada so its a big change, i hate the heat and love the snow so florida is not my fav place lol

Quoting magnod87:

Quoting Cass2626:

Cass2626
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM

well william and i go to the pool a lot, if it wasnt so stinking hot i would go on more walks with him. in michigan i figure skated, snowmobiled, did a little snowboarding, pretty much everything in the winter so i have no idea what im going to do here for fun lol. i love to swim but thats about it in the heat

Quoting magnod87:

Hi Cassandra, I know the feeling it is blazing hot here lol. I miss the snow I love winter time. What do you like to do for fun?

Quoting Cass2626:

Quoting magnod87:

Quoting Cass2626:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)