Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Nearly 3 years later and he is still coming by!!!

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

We bought this house in January 2011 and today te previous owner walks up and knocks on the door saying, I come for mangoes, it has plenty, as though he is entitled to them! If he asked nicely then I would have considered but to act like he still owns this property???! It told him where he could go buy him a tree and sent him on hs way!

How would you have reacted?

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lukee
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL well I can understand why it would have upset you. If he had asked nicely --do you have any spare mangoes or if he said I know that tree used to have so many mangoes would you mind sharing a few. I will say though, if you have lived in a home for a long time it is hard to accept it is no longer yours. I know you drive by and notice they are not doing this that you did and guess maybe he still felt connected to the tree. You apparently feel a little guilty for chasing him off but it is not the end of the world --You and he will both think about it today and hopefully tomorrow go back to life as usual.  

Dinimon
by Diana on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Lol! If he acts like he's entitled to it, I wouldn't have been ok with it either.
MaiasMommy619
by Safina on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
That's just weird to me that he would claim ownership to the tree like that lol buttttt I would have told him that there are some and maybe gave him 2-3 but if he was rude about it... It may have changed my tune. If he wanted te tree he should have uprooted it and took it with him when he moved...
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM
This

Quoting MaiasMommy619:

That's just weird to me that he would claim ownership to the tree like that lol buttttt I would have told him that there are some and maybe gave him 2-3 but if he was rude about it... It may have changed my tune. If he wanted te tree he should have uprooted it and took it with him when he moved...
fla33023
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have told him no and to never come back. That's ridiculous. He can go to Publix and buy some mangoes. 

gmadiane
by gmadiane on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I dont blame you that is just weird

LadyBast
by Brenda on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I would have let him have some b/c it may be a special thing for him he may have planted the tree and watched it grow to what is now is, would it bother me yep but I would say next time can you ask me please, go get some and enjoy but please ask the next time.. I look at things different we have plants that we have done for the cats we have lost and those things so a tree w/fruit who cares, and age does make a difference too... Just a suggestion but just say ask and not be rude it may have a special meaning to him in some way.... So I say ask and think twice time to him may not matter!

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Quoting LadyBast:

I would have let him have some b/c it may be a special thing for him he may have planted the tree and watched it grow to what is now is, would it bother me yep but I would say next time can you ask me please, go get some and enjoy but please ask the next time.. I look at things different we have plants that we have done for the cats we have lost and those things so a tree w/fruit who cares, and age does make a difference too... Just a suggestion but just say ask and not be rude it may have a special meaning to him in some way.... So I say ask and think twice time to him may not matter!

But that's it, he as come every year asking for mangoes and we did give him a fairly large planting from that tree already! But to come EVERY year? Then last year we gave him 5 and he looked at us lie "that is all?" You don't live here anymore, ths isn't your house, these aren't your trees, I don't have to give you anything! The only reason we havent eaten more this year is because they are too high for even us to reach!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Thats nuts! I would have been speechless.

strictmomhere
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I like to share:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)