Any of you fabulous ladies ever had black mold exposure... really any mold for that matter? That's the fantastic situation we are living in here in Ocala. And all of the health issues associated. We've been in this rental since May. It seemed really nice... nice quiet neighborhood, nice neighbors, nice nice nice. Then I started seeing it. I've seen it growing from behind the caulk but I bleach it away. A couple of days ago, I opened up the toilet tank and it's filled with FREAKIN MOLD!! It's black but I know that doesn't mean it's toxic black mold. So now I have a petri dish out in the bathroom to test for the nasty crap.
When we moved in, the owner (who loves to show up unannounced) told me that there was a very bad water leak here. He had to replace tiles and flooring and piping. There's shelving under the sinks warping and falling down. Now this....
We've been feeling ill for the past month or so and it's getting worse. I called the rental company and they said that if I say the word MOLD, we ave to move immediately. No offer to help. No sympathy or worry. And we do not have the faculties to move for the next 2-3 weeks or so. I think it's because they KNOW that there is mold. Now I have to wait 48 hours to see if we have any airborne mold.
Just needed a soap box to vent on... Bullhorn down, dismounting soap box....
Well we made our great escape on Wed. Our bodies are repairing. My breathing is coming back. My kids are having less bowel/digestive problems. My son hasn't had a nosebleed in 2 days and is becoming much less violent. My daughter is awake and not constantly asking me if she can sleep in my bed. The visual and auditory hallucinations are almost gone.
We handed in the keys on Thursday. The mngmt company didn't argue. We were released from the lease and are awaiting our deposit. The calls are going into the health department. The manager advised that all homes in Florida have mold, which is a lie to cover their arses. My husband responded by saying 'Yeah, maybe all of YOUR homes for rent in FL. We should call the health department but you don't want us to do that, right? You know they will deem the home uninhabitable and they will start to investigate all of your properties.' The manager agreed and said they take mold very seriously. Slum lords. Dirtbag slum lords.
When we had everything packed into the truck, we took more pictures. There were tufts of black mold growing on the garage walls behind shelving. It was growing in tufts under the carpets in the master bedroom. No wonder we were so sick. My husband was almost in tears and said how sorry he was to have us living in a place like that. There is no way he or I would have known when we moved in so it was no fault of ours.
Thank God we got out of there so easy breezy. We found a rental almost immediately and we move in Friday. We were blessed with a fully furnished temporary home until then. We will be renting in the St. Cloud area. So pretty and perfect for us!
Mold is nasty nasty stuff. If you're dizzy, nauseous, delirious or if you have digestive issues, joint issues, etc etc etc with no known cause (and the symptoms seem to start overnight for the most part), check for mold. Check in your home or office. Mold sickness is real.