Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

for moms on WIC must read

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM
  • 7 Replies
Starting Feb 1st WIC will no longer be giving "checks" they will start the card system like food stamps. Go in each month to 're-fill ur card they'll be putting a certain amount of money that u can go buy as much baby food or milk with of course the amount that was givin to u.
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ambertreas76
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM

This is the way it was when we had to use it for a short time a few years ago in Vegas.  It ensures that people are not using the WIC money for anything more than food.  We had an allotted amount of money put on per week. Worked great.  It's kinda crazy that FL was giving 'checks' for WIC.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for the info!
angiejones256
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM
We'll it's not like money checks. It like says on there what we could get only. And we had like 10 dollars for fruit. I love the newer system better can't wait. :-)

Quoting ambertreas76:

This is the way it was when we had to use it for a short time a few years ago in Vegas.  It ensures that people are not using the WIC money for anything more than food.  We had an allotted amount of money put on per week. Worked great.  It's kinda crazy that FL was giving 'checks' for WIC.

ambertreas76
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:24 PM
It was sooooo easy to use!!!

Quoting angiejones256:

We'll it's not like money checks. It like says on there what we could get only. And we had like 10 dollars for fruit. I love the newer system better can't wait. :-)

Quoting ambertreas76:

supermom3boys
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I wish we could get WIC and or any kind of help
angiejones256
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Trust me I'm soooo thankful I get the help formula is just to much and I can't bf :-)

Quoting supermom3boys:

supermom3boys
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I used to get food stamps, wic , all kinds of help then got married and it all stopped bc on paper looks like my hubs makes alot of money but child support comes out every time he gets paid so I think that should not b considered income but that's our great government....

Quoting angiejones256:

Trust me I'm soooo thankful I get the help formula is just to much and I can't bf :-)

Quoting supermom3boys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)