Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any moms in The Miami/Dade area?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM
  • 16 Replies

I recently moved to Miami Beach with my fiancĂ© and 10 month old son. Could definitely use some other moms to talk to! I'm 26 years old and a stay at home mom at the moment. Send me a friend request if you'd like! I also started a group called South Florida moms if you'd like to join please look it up! :) I love cooking and baking, going to the beach, taking my son for frozen yogurt :), reading a good book, and I can't live without my coffee! 

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemyFamBam
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Welcome! I live in WPB up north. Good luck on finding friends. Heres a mini bump
TAG9lbs
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:08 PM

BUMP!

TAG9lbs
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:15 PM

I'm not sure where you moved from but you could travel the world in almost 2 hours there. There are places there where people wanted to bring home with them so they set up resturants and thrift stores to look like a place you might find in Cuba, Jamaica, or Italy. There is also the Art Deco side with lots of sound color and lights. For child friendly activities I recommend traveling north to broward for the children's science museum or River City is very nice for strolls. I also think you need to be specific about coffee. I think there is a big difference between Starbucks coffee drinkers and those that drink the shot cup of Cafe con Leche. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:50 AM
I'm north of you in Port St Lucie but I'm pretty sure there's some moms that live in your area. Welcome! :)
BethanyMel
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Coffee? I prefer something at least like Starbucks in my coffee pot at home. I love trying new coffees and different coffee shops. It's like heaven finding an amazing cup of coffee. I'll pay money for good coffee and specialty drinks. 

Quoting TAG9lbs:

I'm not sure where you moved from but you could travel the world in almost 2 hours there. There are places there where people wanted to bring home with them so they set up resturants and thrift stores to look like a place you might find in Cuba, Jamaica, or Italy. There is also the Art Deco side with lots of sound color and lights. For child friendly activities I recommend traveling north to broward for the children's science museum or River City is very nice for strolls. I also think you need to be specific about coffee. I think there is a big difference between Starbucks coffee drinkers and those that drink the shot cup of Cafe con Leche. 

BethanyMel
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Also, I moved from Amelia Island. Before that I lived in Nashville, TN. I grew up in GA.

BethanyMel
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Thanks! I'm trying to find some kind of SAHM group here for me and my son...so far no luck but I know they're out there!

Quoting KylesMom409: I'm north of you in Port St Lucie but I'm pretty sure there's some moms that live in your area. Welcome! :)

Miamimomma3
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Hi and welcome to Miami! I read your your profile and it seems like we have a lot in common. Except the whole sports thing I'd rather watch paint dry Lbvs. I had to write you because I love wedding planning. If you need any help feel free to ask.
BethanyMel
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out what city to have the wedding in....so behind....lol!

Quoting Miamimomma3: Hi and welcome to Miami! I read your your profile and it seems like we have a lot in common. Except the whole sports thing I'd rather watch paint dry Lbvs. I had to write you because I love wedding planning. If you need any help feel free to ask.

Miamimomma3
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Well I'm sure you already know Miami is too expensive. Try looking more up north in the Broward area. I know the feeling of being behind. I planned and had my wedding in 6 months. It was tough finding a location in such short time. Are you doing a outdoor wedding or at a hall?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)