Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cannot stand where i work!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

Today was the worst day ever when my boss said he wanted to fire me over a text! I have two board which are brother and sister. The sister was off today. She decided to text me at 6:30 to let me know when to go open. I work at a car wash btw. My boss called (the brother) and asked me why I was appended due to weather. I said your sister told me. He flipped out!!! Curing,calling me names, and basically calling me stupid. So I went off on him! Not sure if that was the right thing but he done losses me off and this wasn't the first. He told me why am I texting here this and that. That I shouldn't be this and that. Then he said I want to fire you! So I hung up. He called back yelling at me again saying u know what he fired you have one week to find another job. I've been with this job for 4 years, never late, never borrow money like other employees and most of all I'm drug free! Everyone else there does drugs and steal out of customers car and they know it. We have camera but nothing!! There's only like 4 employees out of 16 that don't do drugs including me. I'm so fed up anymore! I don't understand why he acts like that. Later on after I poured my eyes out he called again saying he was sorry and he doesn't want to fire me. Really still going to find another job where you get appreciated for the work you do.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mama_lively
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Oh wow that's too bad that you get treated like that you don't deserve that I would look somewhere else as well. Good luck!
korra2013
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:44 PM
You deserve better. They did you a favor
krystaal870
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM

He told me after the sister got frustrated cause I told her I was leaving, he said he doesn't want to fire me. Because he likes me and my work ethic. But because you want to get pissed over a text and tell me I'm fired really?? Then turn it around saying your sorry. The bad thing is his gf used to work there until his sister became half owner and wanted her gone because of many reasons. I was actually told from her that my bosses gf wants me out. So I'm kind of thinking he wants me gone to satisfy her cause we never got along. Why get rid of good working people to satisfy your relationship? They will find out when I do leave and see where it goes. I just hate being treated like garbage when u bust my ass and never complain. 

ForeverLawst
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep the text messages and print them out. I would claim unemployment citing that he fired you and that even though he did hire you back, it's a hostile work environment and you don't feel safe returning to work there. He'll probably fight it, but you'll have the text, etc. as proof. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Quoting ForeverLawst:

Keep the text messages and print them out. I would claim unemployment citing that he fired you and that even though he did hire you back, it's a hostile work environment and you don't feel safe returning to work there. He'll probably fight it, but you'll have the text, etc. as proof. 

I agree 100%! Hugs!
BeachLifeMama
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:45 PM
You deserve something better. Good luck.
Dinimon
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Sounds like it's time to get out of there. I
Wouldn't want to work for a company that allows drugs and stealing. Screw that.
Desirae17
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I agree with this advice as well.

Quoting ForeverLawst:

~Cassandra

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)