Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Day trip to Disney world

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:08 PM
  • 13 Replies
I have never been to Disney World. I want to go. We live In Daytona Beach area so we are close. Was thinking about taking a day trip down there sometime but have no idea what is the best thing to do. I have 3 kids...boy11, girl9 and boy5. I know there are a lot of parks down there and they all cost close to $100 per person to get in so we can only afford to visit one place at a time. What would you suggest?
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommaof2boiz
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I would definitely suggest Magic Kingdom. The kids would all enjoy the rides and shows. We go all the time and my kids love it. Disney never gets old for them.

lukee
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:21 AM
2 moms liked this

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/florida-resident-discover-disney-offer/

if kids absolutely magic kingdom--I looked to see what FL residents offered and thought you may want to consider this--it is a bit more when you add in taxes but you can go multiple times between now and end of May --excludes holiday times --you can call or chat online with any questions--but between now and end of May you could really indulge--read down that page also about the other things they have --we would ride over and just do the shopping area and lunch etc--How old are your kids?? food is expensive so you may want to pack snacks--wet washcloth is nice --ask about parking also--cannot recall if parking costs extra there-also after 40 years I still love Disney

MamaMichael83
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:34 AM
3 moms liked this

Right now there is a special going on for Florida residents. 3 days for $129 a person and kids 3 and under are free and then there the 4 day pass for $149 a person. You can only go to one park each day but it's a really good deal!! :)

We're doing the 3 day pass at the end of this month!

bmthverana
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Magic kingdom is fantastic
TAG9lbs
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't been there for the kids side but sometimes Pepsi, Coke, or McDonalds offer discounts in the summer. If anything since u r so close my cousin works there and often recommends going in December it is the slowest time of the year so there are less lines and the weather is still nice.
lukee
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MamaMichael83:

Right now there is a special going on for Florida residents. 3 days for $129 a person and kids 3 and under are free and then there the 4 day pass for $149 a person. You can only go to one park each day but it's a really good deal!! :)

We're doing the 3 day pass at the end of this month!

that is what the link is to--you are close enough to take advantage without too much headache--just be sure to note the dates

Mari6443
by Marissa on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I would suggest Magic Kingdom as well. That was the first Disney park we took our dd. Our ds has never been but we hope to take our kids to the other parks as well one day. Oh, and if you have Triple A, you can buy tickets at one of their locations, for a cheaper price.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 9, 2014 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I recommend Magic Kingdom for sure. We have annual passes and as a matter of fact, we were just there yesterday for the day! :) we got up there around 1 and left a little after 8. Magic Kingdom is definitely best for day trips.
KikiKia
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

We took the kids to the magic kingdom two weeks ago.  The kids enjoyed it!  Me and DH ...not so much.  The crowds!!!  The loooong lines!!! I mean be prepared to wait 45-80 mins in line for a ride.  Not kidding and we went during a supposedly "slow time"  Before everyone goes on Spring Breaks.  March - April is notorious (as well as the summer months) for being extra busy.

If possible rent a stroller so you can cover more ground (my 9 and 5 yo rode in one).  If you rent a stroller get a hankerchief so it can be easy to find.  There are tons of stroller that look identical and sometimes when you get off rides cast members might move them.  So get something that makes yours stand out.

Bring snacks so you do not have to buy park food.  We were there from 9a-5p.  Before we arrived at the park we had a hearty homecooked breakfast, While in the park we brought apples, baby carrots, goldfish crackers, cereal and water.  We lasted all day and once we left the park we ate a real NON Disney meal. 

My 5 yo DD loved the experience.  My 9 yo DS said he liked going to the Kennedy Space Center better :)

Just be prepared for a clusterf*ck of people.

lukee
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:49 AM
2 moms liked this

as soon as the weather breaks up north and spring breaks are over the crowds will reduce--

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN