• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Friends

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hey ladies...

I was curious as to how many of you have tween-teen aged children and what you do as far as "mom time" and having friends?

It seems the older I get the more difficult it is to make friends and truly connect with people. When my girls were little I spent a great deal of time with other moms but the older they get, the less we talk.

I was wondering if you ladies have run into the same thing or maybe have found a way through it?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Mine are 6, 4 and 35 weeks pregs with my next girl and I have yet to really find any long term Mommy friends ; /
fygfitness_mom
by Chris on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Quoting MixedCooke: Mine are 6, 4 and 35 weeks pregs with my next girl and I have yet to really find any long term Mommy friends ; /

When we lived in Arizona I started the local Mothers & Others group with three of my closest friends. We would meet for dinner bi-weekly, had a book club that met monthly, and would plan outings all the time with the kids. I met a lot of pretty great people running that group and my friends and I had so much fun.

I didn't work outside of the home back then and I know that's part of the change. I can't help but miss the connection I had with my friends.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:04 PM
For me, I work nights so my schedule makes outings difficult and difficult for me to relate to other Mothers.

Quoting fygfitness_mom:

Quoting MixedCooke: Mine are 6, 4 and 35 weeks pregs with my next girl and I have yet to really find any long term Mommy friends ; /

When we lived in Arizona I started the local Mothers & Others group with three of my closest friends. We would meet for dinner bi-weekly, had a book club that met monthly, and would plan outings all the time with the kids. I met a lot of pretty great people running that group and my friends and I had so much fun.

I didn't work outside of the home back then and I know that's part of the change. I can't help but miss the connection I had with my friends.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:17 PM
My DS is only 7 so I'm no help. LOL
mama_lively
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:38 PM
My kids are 6 and 10 and I still talk to some of my friends but it wasn't like it was before when they were younger. I feel exactly how you do. My kids don't really seem to mind though. They just started asking for one on one dates with me and their dad to do stuff alone. So my husband will go out with my son and I go with my daughter and have dinner and go shopping then we will switch kids the next time. The kids really seem to enjoy there alone time with each parent and of course we still have family time.
prdmama1154
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:54 PM

My son is only seven, but I have very few friends.  The ones I do have are far away so I don't get to go out and hang with anyone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)