Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying a home

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:28 PM
  • 2 Replies
My credit is shot to poop due to divorce BUT
I'm saving every dime right now to pay cash for a home .

I'm in south Florida (east coast not gulf) broward county.

I found a 3 bed 2 bath for 70k, it's new. It's a mobile home and it is perfect for us. It's a triple wide. It's just me & the kids and it looks like the cape cod style houses they have up north.

We are inland so hurricanes aren't really an issue just bad storms but I'm prepared for it

I'm happy I can get us a home finally!!!!!

I've saved 3,017.21 so far lol!!
Being single mom with no child support and being only 28 I think I'm doing good and being realistic and not just settling.

How old were you when you guys bought your 1st home? Were you single? Did you have kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:30 PM
I was in my early 30s, married and just had our second child. You are trying to save up the full $70k to purchase it or just the initial down payment? Frankly, you should pay down your debt to get your credit back on track and then you can get an approval for a loan. Where in Broward are you? Is he at least giving you child support?
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 13, 2016 at 10:25 PM
Hugs to you and kudos to you for what you're doing! Best of luck with everything. My DH and I got lucky when we decided we'd build our house; we got our lot for $7,000 and paid under $100,000 for the house. We didn't have DS yet; we had the house built the year before we got married.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)