Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Welcome to Iowa Moms! Introduce yourself here...

waveWelcome to Iowa Moms! We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1: Introduce yourself by replying to this post. It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2: Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting. You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3: Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friend. To send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their first name added to their posts?

To add an Iowa Moms signature to your posts, click here:
Iowa Moms Group Signatures

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message.

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself.

~Michelle

Join Us In The Iowa Moms Group

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Replies (41-50):
TraceyMR
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:42 AM
Hi y'all!
I'm Tracey, a sahm to one daughter who is almost two years old.
I was born and raised in the south, I moved here to be with my now husband. I've fallen in love with the state, the actual seasons and the people. I live in central Iowa and know just a couple of people here.
MegMon1
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Hi I'm Meg I have 3 boys that are 5,3,and 9mo. I work full time at an Assisted Living as the Dietary Manager. I have a 10 year old step daughter. I have lived in central Iowa my whole life.

keepinsha10
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 7:26 AM
My name is Sharon I have a 22yr old daughter 9yr old daughter & 5yr old son I don't live in Iowa but came to visit to see how it is because I'm thinking of moving here so I want to see what Iowa has to offer a Chicago girl like me & my 2 young ones like the schools good peaceful areas to live in .I love kids so I do child-care love to read want to learn how to knit my major goal is to learn how to drive & meet other moms
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snevins61105
by Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting annaica:

do u live in tipton? I am super close, just a county south lol

Quoting snevins61105:

Hello Iowa Moms!

My name is Stephanie and I live about 20 minutes east of Cedar Rapids.  I do work full time as an accountant in Cedar Rapids.  I'm married and we have 2 children, Kasey, 6, and Ryan, 3.  I keep busy with my full time job, the track photographer at Cedar County Raceway in Tipton, and I'm also at Miche rep (https://snevins.miche.com/).  Between my husband racing (although we're on a hiatus right now), the kiddos activities, my Miche business (home parties, vendor shows, one off orders), and my full time job, I'm always on the go.  But I wouldn't have it any other way!

Nope, I live in Lisbon but I'm in Tipton every Friday night for the races :)

Do you love purses? Are you looking to earn extra money? Contact me about Miche! Purses with interchangeable shells! Check my website out at

https://snevins.miche.com/
ladydragon75
by Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Hello , im new to this group but not cafe mom. My name is Lisa.  I am 36 yrs old. I am married with 2 girls. 17 and 8. I was born and rasied in Des moines. I am now living in winterset. Gotta love a small town. I have lived here for 6 yrs. I dont plan on moving back to des Moines. I love the small town atmoshpere.

I can not work. I have had type 1 diabetes for over 20 years and it has taken its toll on me.  I am now legally blind in one eye and have the beginnings in neuropathy in my feet. UGHHH!!!! But with every disease  comes a price to pay..

I am  looking forward to meet and hearing from everyone in this group. It will be so nice to have some friends who live close by, well kind of. LOL

jenn4443
by Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I am jenn, I actually live in Wisconsin but I am 2 miles from Iowa and lived there for many years. I am not sure if I am suppose to be here. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I don't see why not! you're close enough :)

Quoting jenn4443:

I am jenn, I actually live in Wisconsin but I am 2 miles from Iowa and lived there for many years. I am not sure if I am suppose to be here. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikgil
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Hi..I live in WDM.  I moved here in Feb from the Phoenix, AZ area.  I have a daughter that is 14 months and expecting my 2nd little girl mid October.  Does anyone know of any part-time at home daycares I can take my daughter to a couple days a week?  She is with me all week and she needs to be around other little people.  Thanks for any helpful info:)

petuniariri
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Well I am not sure if I am allowed to be part of this group since I do not live in Iowa anymore :(  I was born in Arizona, lived there for maybe 6 months. Was adopted by a wonderful couple from Iowa so that is where I went :)  Lived there untill I was 29 ish?? Lost track of time ha. I met and married my husband in Iowa (even though he is from California).  Had both of my girls at the University of Iowa.  Lived in and around the same area the whole time I was in Iowa.  (Southeast Iowa, Washington and Henry County).  Up till almost 3 years ago we were still there.  However 3 1/2 years ago we felt that God was pulling us somewhere.  As hard as it was to say good bye to Iowa, to my family we knew that we needed to listen and go.  So we sold the house, packed the girls up and went East. Far east as in we live in Maine now :)  We love it here, we miss Iowa immensely but we are where we should be, we know that now.  We get home to Iowa so far have every summer for 2 weeks.  It is so good to go home and visit and be HOME.   I hope I can be part of this group it will be nice to be connected to people in Iowa more then I am out here!!!  People look at me like I am crazy when they find out I am from Iowa.  Of course the common response OH Potatoes UGH NO not Idaho, IOWA people.  lol.  Hope to get to know all of you better!

mallardct
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I am Denise and live in eastern iowa. I have one son age 3. I am an older adoptive mom and would love to be a part of your community. 

Denise

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN