Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Obama and Romney visiting Iowa today, would you like to meet them?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:33 AM
  • 12 Replies

Both presidential campaigns will visit Iowa today.

The Obama campaign rally will be at the University of Iowa at 5:30 this evening.

The Romney campaign rally will be on the Northwestern campus in Orange city at noon.

Yesterday there was a post on the homepage about someone's brother meeting the President in Boulder and the President asking about his tattoo.

Based on some of the answers in that post I started wondering.

Would you be excited to meet the President or his opponent regardless of your political beliefs? 

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FootballFan12
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I think it would be very neat to meet the President or Romney. Especially at this point. It is a part of history and me being a miniscule part of it would be very cool.

mom2jessnky
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I'd love to meet either one! I've never had a "brush with fame"  LOL.

mom_to_travis
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be very excited to meet President Obama and VP Biden (and their wives!)  I can't really say I would be "excited" to meet Romney or Ryan, but if I had the chance to do so I would.  I got my picture taken with Hillary when she was campaigning here in 08.  :-)

straightNnAERO
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Eh, not really. One of them sure, the other one no.

Ajanee12
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Obama was in sioux city last weekend :) Id like to see him. Romney.. not so much LOL.. he will be 20 mins away from me tomorrow, and i wish he was not even that close! It was awkward because we were at the ice cream parlor yesterday and the romney crew were inside talking to people.. i was beggin them to not even look my way.

midgeend
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Quoting Ajanee12:

Obama was in sioux city last weekend :) Id like to see him. Romney.. not so much LOL.. he will be 20 mins away from me tomorrow, and i wish he was not even that close! It was awkward because we were at the ice cream parlor yesterday and the romney crew were inside talking to people.. i was beggin them to not even look my way.

I would feel the same way. Lol.

Incidentally, my aunt and uncle were on a flight to AZ last weekend that connected in Tampa. Who got on their plane, but Jan Brewer and her whole staff. They sat through the whole flight having to listen to all their chatter. Oy
celestegood
by Representative on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I would be excited to meet any president, no matter whether I voted for him or not!

Since I voted for Obama, I would LOVE to meet him!

Dannille33
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have loved to meet Romney. As for Obama no.
I feel that Romney has promise despite what the press states. The reason for not wanting to meet Obama, well he had his 4yrs and has created a bill I hope one day is over turned.
That's just my feelings and opinion.
Redwall
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I'd never, ever, ever want to see Obama and I'm not a Romney fan either.  Quite frankly, I'd not walk across the street to see either.

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Romney maybe,  If Obama came to my town i would be going away for a couple days...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN