Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Grandparents Day!

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:36 AM
  • 11 Replies

How often do your children see their grandparents?

How often do YOU see your grandparents?

Do you do anything special?

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
haysyd
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM
The kids just saw them yesterday and I try to see mine every few months. My grandparents live by ankeny and my other grandma lives in Wisconsin. I will probably call them today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
June10mom
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I see my grandma at least once a week. My daughter sees my parents maybe once every week or 2. She sees my MIL once every few weeks and my FIL once every few months.

celestegood
by Representative on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM

My grandparents are all passed.

My kids have one set of grandparents, my mom and dad.  We don't see them as often as I would like.  We do when we can, though!

FootballFan12
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM

This is exactly like my family.

We try to visit my parents at least once a month. They live two hours away.

Quoting celestegood:

My grandparents are all passed.

My kids have one set of grandparents, my mom and dad.  We don't see them as often as I would like.  We do when we can, though!

Ex0hEx
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Well, we rent the bottom half of my parents house, so DS should have the opportunity to see his grandparents daily... Unfortunately, he sees them maybe 2-4 times a week. His paternal grandparents have seen him 5 times in almost 16mos.
I see my paternal grandma daily. I haven't seen my paternal grandpa since Thanksgiving & before that, it was 5yrs ago. I do not associate with my maternal side of the family.
We don't do anything special. Ever ):
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ferrari
by Felicia on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Nothing special here. I didn't even realize it was grandparents day. My parents don't live in the same state as me. We see them as often as possible. Dhs parents live within 15 min and hardly ever see us. My grandma lives near my parents. My Grandpa passed away 7 yrs ago May 29. Dhs grandparents have nothing to do with us and his other lives too far away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Representative on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:34 PM

My grandparents have all passed on.

My children grandparents are all alive minus my DH's mom.  They see my parents a few times every month or so, and they see my DH's dad everyday or so (we live super close!).

Rachel0610
by Rachel on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:50 PM

My kids see theirs grandparents at least once a month for at least one set anyways. They aer busy as well as we are so it's hard to see them often. I don't see mine as they are all passed by now. Nothing special here jsut lots of love

Dannille33
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:02 PM
My kids every few weeks..
My grandparents have past...

We didn't do anything this year special..:(
easinpc
by Emily on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM

My son sees my parents 2-3 times a week and sometimes more.  Just depends on how often I have him during the week (vs him being at his dads) and what else we have going on.  They live on the other side of town from us (but in our small town thats only about 5 blocks away lol).  Plus my mom picks him up from daycare for me on the nights that I have him so he sees both of my parents then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)