Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Good morning and Happy Monday all:)

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:05 AM
  • 10 Replies
Hope your weekend was a good one :)

What did you all do?

And what kids of things are going on this week?

Well you be busy?
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dannille33
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:07 AM
My weekend I worked all weekend.

I'm of Monday and Tuesday..

And then work all weeke and weekend again. Oh what a life. Lol

I have to take the kids to get their physicals this week to..
Roo1234
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Today is the first day of my husband's new job-in s town three hours away. For the next year I will be on my own with our three kids Sunday night through Friday night.

Yesterday the kids had to say bye to dad for the first time. Our older daughter had an audition, so I took the boys with me downtown and took a series of pictures on the walking bridge and along the river.

Today and this week will be busy, but not unusually so..just the usual dance classes, morning scheduled running time for my middle son, a band performance for the oldest, an evening meeting for me tonight, my class tomorrow, our daughter's Torah study lesson with the cantor on Wednesday
. ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachel0610
by Rachel on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Weekend was ok for the most part. Nothing really going on this week thank goodness I am tired of long weeks lol

easinpc
by Emily on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I took an accounting test and a microeconomics test for school and then went on Sunday and watched my sons first soccer game of the season.  So overall it was a pretty good weekend :)

meam4444
by Representative on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:37 PM

It was great!  Saturday, DH was busy with remodeling our bathroom.  I just kept the kids in line.  I forget what we did exactly.  Sunday, we went to church, out to eat with friends, shopping, and then home to relax.  It was nice despite my allergies acting up on Sunday.

meam4444
by Representative on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Aww I'm sorry you had to work.  I hope you had good work days though.  Good luck with the physicals. 

Quoting Dannille33:

My weekend I worked all weekend.

I'm of Monday and Tuesday..

And then work all weeke and weekend again. Oh what a life. Lol

I have to take the kids to get their physicals this week to..

meam4444
by Representative on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Hope you did well on your exams!  I remember taking microeconomics....it was probably one of my least favorite classes in college.  I hope you are enjoying it more than I did.  What are you going to school for?

Quoting easinpc:

I took an accounting test and a microeconomics test for school and then went on Sunday and watched my sons first soccer game of the season.  So overall it was a pretty good weekend :)

easinpc
by Emily on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Ehh so far I'm not caring for the professor which can make a big difference.  I took macroeconomics in the spring and enjoyed it but the professor was great so that helped.  I got A's on both of my tests so that part made me happy.  I am working on finishing my associates degree in business admin.  I will be done with it upon completion of the spring 2013 term!

Quoting meam4444:

Hope you did well on your exams!  I remember taking microeconomics....it was probably one of my least favorite classes in college.  I hope you are enjoying it more than I did.  What are you going to school for?

Quoting easinpc:

huskermom98
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Good Morning!!!  I'm doing great...and never knew there was an Iowa Moms group on here until I clicked on a post from the front page!  Cool...My name is Susan and I live in Des Moines.

Had a good weekend--DS1 had a flag football game and then the boys got to enjoy one of their favorite afternoons of the entire year...block party day!  The street in front of our house is closed to traffic from 3-9pm and the boys get to ride their bikes on the street.  The downside to that is that on Sunday afternoon then DS2 wanted to ride on the street again, took awhile to get him to realize that he can't.  We did have fun at the block party, but not so much fun afterwards when we watched Nebraska lose to UCLA (DH & I are both from NE and are alums).

This week shouldn't be too bad, just the usual stuff.  I will try to take the boys up to the Center Grove Apple Orchard on Wedesday after school--DS2 has been asking to go since ummmm....February? :-)

Leanne0703
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 5:41 AM

I had a nice weekend.  I only had my son most of the weekend.  Him and I never get time to hang out just the two of us.  So we had some great bonding time this weekend.

I have a very busy week.  Not only am I swamped at work, but I have plans in the evening almost every night this week.  Monday, my DD had her first band rehearsal.  Tuesday, I am taking her to see Big Time Rush in concert.  She is super excited.  Wed. is our night home.  Thursday, DD has cheerleading, and Friday is high school football.  My DD is performing between the JV and Varsity games.

I'm tired just thinking about it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)