Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Slight changes in polls, post debate

Posted by   + Show Post

FIRST POST-DEBATE POLL NUMBERS SHOW PRESIDENTIAL RACE ESSENTIALLY UNCHANGED 

A Reuters/Ipsos poll of voters taken after Wednesday’s presidential debate shows only minor movement. In the poll’s last pre-debate survey, President Obama led Mitt Romney by seven points. After the debate, Obama’s lead remains five points, 48 percent to 43.

Do you think Wednesday's debate made a difference in the poll numbers? 

Do you think moderates and independents are paying close attention to the debates to determine which way they will vote?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
jzzymom29
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Well to those who read and listen to both candidates in the past few months.   Found out one is a liar, and the other wants to continue with his Presidency.    People who lie and cheat cannot be trusted..

MomTiara19
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Hi,

I think it helped anyone on the fence with Romney.He appeared more human like and in command during the debate.The only huge problem is he was very dishonest about his policies and his true intentions during the debate.He ran very differently on the campaign trail and completely changed his views on stage.Honestly he sounded like a democrat instead of a far right republican.Anyone voting for Romney should do alot more research on him and his policies.He is trying to get your vote even if he has to lie.

~Tia

ald1920
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Obama is going to get in he's the Antichrist. That means the world will be over with in 4 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kenleespice
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Quoting brandydesiree:

Why have I never been polled? Anybody on here ever participated in one?

yes they call me all the time ,its anoying but I achully did the iposis poll,I have done surveys for them for years,they pay you to do them

TaraLani
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I was listening to talk radio earlier- I honestly can't remember who it was but it was on AM 690- anyway, they said that the people who are polled are different in each state, but most of the time it's picked from people who voted in the last presidential election, people who voted in the last FOUR presidential elections, etc., and most of the time, the people who have been voting for multiple elections in a row are pretty set in their ways about what party they are going to vote for, no matter how debates or other campaign efforts go. I don't know if that's the real reason why the numbers don't change much, but I think it makes sense if it is. I just hope people really pay attention and get all of the facts before they cast their vote this year- this is going to be one of the most important elections in years.

pattyrae
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:34 PM
6 moms liked this

Don't vote third party, that's like voting for Obama. If you truly want Obama out of office you have to vote for Romney. Let Romney win and then we can let him go in 2016 if things aren't working out.

Also, the polls are BIASED leaning toward Obama. They double process votes from just Democrats.

Do our country justice and vote out Obama!

pattyrae
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't vote for a third party, that will make certain that Obama stays in office.

Vote for Romney and if he doesn't work out in 4 years then we can vote him out in 2016.

Please go see the film '2016', this will make you understand about Obama's agenda.

kloeesmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:49 PM
I know many that lie to the polls too! Plus I was in a republican Facebook page and many many many people were posting they hadn't been called! I think the polls are pretty biased and tend to not call people who have registered republican or otherwise made it clear in past polls that they are republican! One even posted an audio recording of their voicemail that was an automated call and when no one pressed any buttons it said something about marking them for Obama! Could have been doctored but still funny and a reminder that we can't trust machines or "sample" surveys!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kloeesmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Obamas never lied about anything right???? Have you paid attention to his 2008 stuff they've been airing lately? They've shown where he talked about just about every policy he planned on putting in place. It was ALL blow!!!! He hasn't done any of it except the healthcare plan he promised there would be no tax on! Guess what.... There's a tax attached to it! Yeah he never lies! You could see the discomfort all over Obamas face every time Romney called him out on his crap! I just don't get how more people don't see that and want to at least proceed with more caution where Obama is conserned! So many people decided just because he 's democrat or because Joy Behaer or Oprah said to or just because he's black! I'm not prejudice! I'd vote for Condileesa Rice or Colin Powell any day! I did vote for Obama in the preliminaries in 08' I thought he had to. E better than another Clinton administration! Boy was I wrong!!!!!!

Quoting MomTiara19:

Hi,

I think it helped anyone on the fence with Romney.He appeared more human like and in command during the debate.The only huge problem is he was very dishonest about his policies and his true intentions during the debate.He ran very differently on the campaign trail and completely changed his views on stage.Honestly he sounded like a democrat instead of a far right republican.Anyone voting for Romney should do alot more research on him and his policies.He is trying to get your vote even if he has to lie.

~Tia

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tangerine6392
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting ald1920:

Obama is going to get in he's the Antichrist. That means the world will be over with in 4 years.

Seriously... You're an idiot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)