Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Slight changes in polls, post debate

Posted by   + Show Post

FIRST POST-DEBATE POLL NUMBERS SHOW PRESIDENTIAL RACE ESSENTIALLY UNCHANGED 

A Reuters/Ipsos poll of voters taken after Wednesday’s presidential debate shows only minor movement. In the poll’s last pre-debate survey, President Obama led Mitt Romney by seven points. After the debate, Obama’s lead remains five points, 48 percent to 43.

Do you think Wednesday's debate made a difference in the poll numbers? 

Do you think moderates and independents are paying close attention to the debates to determine which way they will vote?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Replies (31-40):
Momm4Christ
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Depends on which polls you look at. Rasmussen, one of the most trusted and acdurate polls out there, shows Romney going from losing to winning, a four point swing. Only 2/3rd's of that poll was conducted after the debate so it could even be higher.

Ikette
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:59 AM
I have always been more conservative. But over the last five or six years, I have changed a lot. Mostly do due health insurance. After having a child born with something that will get you denied or have pre existing conditions. My dh couldn't change jobs even if it meant more money. I do not agree with either party 100% but I do not think that the conservatives have a clue. I dislike that Romney couldn't give exact plans, he was vague about his plans. Health insurance is a huge issue with most Americans. I am not saying that Obama's plan is perfect but at least he is trying. Clinton tried to do something similiar in his eight years but was unable to. Health insurance reform needs to be done so familys do not go bankrupt in this country. So people do not wonder how they can afford their medications. This issue is the single deceiding factor for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM
And sorry this is why we will forever be getting idiots in office.

A wasted vote is doing the same thing as always, not changing a thing. A wasted vote is one that doesn't send a message.

3rd party vote is far from a wasted vote. But if people don't want things to change, if they don't want to send a message, if they always want it to be a 2 party race with idiots who don't really care then vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

But I want things to change so, only way to do that is to change the way we think and do things.

I'm glad more people are realizing they don't have to vote for one of two idiots.

Quoting spcmom:

I understand your thinking, but we have a 2 party race. A vote for a third party is essentially a wasted vote. I am of the opinion that I am casting my vote to vote one out.

Quoting CABZS:

I don't think moderates or independants are being swayed, I think we will see more people voting 3rd party this election.  Which I am happy about:)

I didn't bother watching the debates, Obama & Romney are both idiots & both will not help this country at all.

I will be voting 3rd party, I refuse to stick w/the thought of having to vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

We want things to change in this country, well they won't change unless we as citizens do as well & part of that change many are starting w/how they vote.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaysMama2007
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM
I agree third party votes are wasted votes may as well vote for Obama if that is your choice

Quoting pattyrae:

Don't vote third party, that's like voting for Obama. If you truly want Obama out of office you have to vote for Romney. Let Romney win and then we can let him go in 2016 if things aren't working out.

Also, the polls are BIASED leaning toward Obama. They double process votes from just Democrats.

Do our country justice and vote out Obama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Representative on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:20 PM
LOL at some of these replies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rooobeee
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM
I'm not trying to bash you for your choice, but I have a question. If you're leaning towards Romney, what are your opinions regarding the articles about his camp's lack of fact checking. It seems to me that if you read the articles, or even the headlines, things aren't looking good for Romney.

I've aways wondered if the candidates ever pay much attention to what is being said by the political analysts, reporters, and people like you and me. Or do they just pay attention to the polls? I think that if they give some thought to what we are saying instead of just trying to convince us to vote for them, they may have a better chance of winning.

Quoting Threes.Company:

It affected things for me personally.  I was not sure which direction I was going to go.  Now I am leaning towards Romney.  I am not sure who they polled, but I can speak for myself.

Again, not bashing, just want to make you think. They're both good men, but who's the right man?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsMae
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM
You are right! I have never been polled and we pay taxes!! I thought Romney did good in the debate. Hell if I had notes I would too! It dosen't matter my mind was made up before the debate! What really angers me is the people who vote republican and the republicans have never given a damn about blacks, the poor or the elderly. As a matter of fact, the builderburgherd wants to rid the world of such people! They want the poor, elderly and the sick people off of this earth! That's amazing they can't give life, but want to take it and they are republicans!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spcmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Like u said, i get your reasoning. BUT,if we vote for a third party you can bet we will be stuck with the idiot that we already have!

Quoting CABZS:

A wasted vote is doing the same thing as always, not changing a thing. A wasted vote is one that doesn't send a message.

3rd party vote is far from a wasted vote. But if people don't want things to change, if they don't want to send a message, if they always want it to be a 2 party race with idiots who don't really care then vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

But I want things to change so, only way to do that is to change the way we think and do things.

I'm glad more people are realizing they don't have to vote for one of two idiots.

Quoting spcmom:

I understand your thinking, but we have a 2 party race. A vote for a third party is essentially a wasted vote. I am of the opinion that I am casting my vote to vote one out.

Quoting CABZS:

I don't think moderates or independants are being swayed, I think we will see more people voting 3rd party this election.  Which I am happy about:)

I didn't bother watching the debates, Obama & Romney are both idiots & both will not help this country at all.

I will be voting 3rd party, I refuse to stick w/the thought of having to vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

We want things to change in this country, well they won't change unless we as citizens do as well & part of that change many are starting w/how they vote.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Both idiots aren't good for this country, both will run this country into the ground.

No I much rather prefer to send a message. The message doesn't just go to the government but to others who think like you and next election more will vote 3rd party.

Change has to start somewhere.

Quoting spcmom:

Like u said, i get your reasoning. BUT,if we vote for a third party you can bet we will be stuck with the idiot that we already have!

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting spcmom:

Quoting CABZS:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
A vote for Romney is a vote for the problem this country is dealing with.

Capitalism has ruined this country. Austerity doesn't work, just look at Europe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)