Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Are Speeding Cameras Unfair?

A new list of locations for mobile speeding cameras and permanently mounted traffic cameras in the Des Moines area has been released. While it is probably helpful for me to note that there is a new camera up in an area that I drive in every day, I still can't shake my (probably irrational) feeling like there is something sort of unfair about these speed traps.

I should confess that, although I've slowed down a lot since my kiddos were born, I can be a bit of a lead foot. I count on being able to go 5-7 miles over the limit on the interstate without getting a ticket and while I drive safely, it makes me a little crazy to get behind people who go below the speed limit, especially during rush hour.

So, I've had a few speeding tickets in my life, but none that have annoyed me as much as the one I got from the city of Cedar Rapids a few weeks after I drive through there for the first time.

Part of what annoyed me was the fact that I didn't really remember speeding. There were a few times where I didn't know what the speed limit was, so I stayed out of the left lane and drove with the flow of traffic. I doubt, very much, that I would have been pulled over by an officer. When I go the ticket it just felt unfair. Did everyone around me get a ticket too?

I know speeding is speeding, whether an officer catches you or not, but this feels unfair somehow.

What do you think? Have you gotten a ticket from a traffic camera? Are you opposed to them?

Šistockphoto.com

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-11):
annaica
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:45 PM
to more serious problems is a good thing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN