Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

are you planning anything to buy from your tax returns?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM
  • 15 Replies
we always have things planned by Christmas since we usually know about how much we will be getting back... like one thing we are going to buy is a plays for the kids to play on in the yard.
what about you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Emily on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Depends on if I get the house I'm looking at or not.  If I do there are a few things there that I would use it for and the rest would go into savings.

huskermom98
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Usually part of it goes to my annual gym membership and a summer camp at the Science Center for DS1 because both of those come due around tax time.  After that I hope it can all go into my car fund because I am counting down the preschool payments that can hopefully turn into car payments when DS2 is done in May!  DH's car is falling apart and I want a minivan to replace it so bad!

annaica
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM
A reliable car is very important!

Quoting huskermom98:

Usually part of it goes to my annual gym membership and a summer camp at the Science Center for DS1 because both of those come due around tax time.  After that I hope it can all go into my car fund because I am counting down the preschool payments that can hopefully turn into car payments when DS2 is done in May!  DH's car is falling apart and I want a minivan to replace it so bad!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachel0610
by Rachel on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:22 PM

We usually just pile it into savings

Ferrari
by Felicia on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Our plan is to start saving it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrogSalad
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM

We usually buy one big item for the house and then the rest goes into savings.  The only appliance we have left to replace is the stove.

We just had a new roof put on the house so I'm trying to build up the savings account again.

Mom2Just1
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:26 PM

IF we get a refund...it goes straight into savings. I even have it deposited into savings.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

greenmachine47
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM

idk if I will get anytghing back or not. My work at home job I'm a contractor so nothing is taken out but my small outside job I'm an employee but I'm, a single low income parent so it's hard telling. If I get anything back or the same as I have then I plan on paying about a grand towards my traikler pmts, a new lawn mower and idk what else. Oh i usually do my daughter's birthday out of my taxes.

Nykyria
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM

We won't get anything back.

FootballFan12
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM

We get a little back, but we are boring, we just put it in savings for a rainy day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)