Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

My little girl is growing up & I find myself having a hard time with it :-(

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter Kaylyn turned 7 this year and I find myself so much more emotional about everything. She has always been my baby even though I have a 3 yr old daughter as well, Kay is my mini me she looks a lot like me & is a mommies girl. She was born at 30 wks so I guess I've always just been more attached to her than I maybe I would be had she been born on time.

I just find myself so overly emotional this year with everything in regards to her like school, her extra circular activities and such. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but it just seems odd to me since I've never really been like this before. Is anyone else experiencing this or have they ? Or is it just me being weird.
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ferrari
by Felicia on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:17 PM
I'm like that. I can't believe my oldest is already 6 and in 1st grade. He's getting so tall! My 2nd just started preschool and he broke my heart when he cried cause he didn't want to leave school when it was done for the day. And then there is Madalynn my mini me and complete mama's girl. She's 2 now. It just flies by. One day they are babies and the next they are in school. When I stop and just let it all sink in, I get really emotional and my heart swells.
It makes me a giant mushy mommy lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JKHorseFamily
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Quoting Ferrari:

I'm like that. I can't believe my oldest is already 6 and in 1st grade. He's getting so tall! My 2nd just started preschool and he broke my heart when he cried cause he didn't want to leave school when it was done for the day. And then there is Madalynn my mini me and complete mama's girl. She's 2 now. It just flies by. One day they are babies and the next they are in school. When I stop and just let it all sink in, I get really emotional and my heart swells.
It makes me a giant mushy mommy lol

That's me totally I've become one big mushy mommy and I'm not normally a overly emotional person but this yr I seem to not be able to control myself. My 3 yr old is become so independent & such a big girl & my 7 yr old is really turning into such a young lady. She's in 1 st grade this yr & just joined 4 H & got a loft bed for her birthday & I just gave her bangs last night. She has gotten to were she knows exactly what she wants & isn't afraid to tell me & push me to allow her to do it. With all this my 3 yr old sees everything & is starting to follow suit. On top of it all I recently got a part time job so now I'm getting prepared to go back to work after being home with the kids for the last almost 4 yrs and I have mixed feelings about it.
meam4444
by Representative on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH and I were just discussing how we think with our first baby, we have a special bond with her.  Don't get me wrong, we have special bonds with all of them, but there is something special about the first. 

niehoff9
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I tend to be way to emotional anyway but as I sort through the kids clothes I get sappy over the little clothes they no longer fit into, all the one piece "baby" outfits and such especially.  As I was hanging things for a consignment sale yesterday I just about lost it hanging my 2 year olds clothes from last winter.  I also get emotional whenever I think or talk about the oldest one heading to middle school nect year.  They are only little for such a short time, some days I wish they could stay small forever, then they start fighting with each other or just whinning and I am like grow up already. 

JKHorseFamily
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Quoting meam4444:

My DH and I were just discussing how we think with our first baby, we have a special bond with her.  Don't get me wrong, we have special bonds with all of them, but there is something special about the first. 

Kay is not only my first but she just has something about her , I had been told I would never be able to carry a baby (I had 4 miscarriages before her) then she was born early yet never had any problems & she was my dads pride and joy (he passed away almost 5 yrs ago) all this ontop of the fact she's my mini me (as far as looks but she has a darker complexion than me like my dad) so her & I just have this bond that's unlike the bond I have with my 3 yr old or my step daughter.
FootballFan12
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

It is so hard to watch our babies grow up and form a sense of independence. I still want to hold them close like I did when they were babies.

Rachel0610
by Rachel on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I am going through this as well. My son turned 6 this year and I can't believe it I cry over everything he does that makes him "grown" up. I also have a 2 year old but man oh man something has me attached to this little guy and I think a lot has to do with the fact that my whole world changed because of him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN