Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

President Obama and Gov. Romney on the swing state campaign trail.

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM
  • 12 Replies

With only two weeks left until the election, the President and Gov. Romney are making their way through the swing states to garner support for their campaigns.

Do you think, at this point, that there are still undecided voters?

On the scene: Obama in Davenport this morning; Romney in Cedar Rapids tonight

Davenport, Ia. – Today’s a big day on the Iowa presidential campaign trail.

President Barack Obama will appear at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds here shortly in the kick-off to a two-day, six-state sprint aimed at rallying supporters in key states and capitalizing on a victory in the final debate Monday night.

(Live Twitter Updates | Live streaming video)

And that’s not all. Republican nominee Mitt Romney will appear in Cedar Rapids this evening, likewise rallying supporters and getting out the vote in this extremely close and extremely pivotal state on the way to 270 electoral votes

Obama will push hard on voter registration, early voting and campaign volunteerism, themes the campaign has pushed hard in recent weeks.

President Obama releases transcript of interview with Register

A long line of supporters who appeared to be evenly split between Iowans and Illinoisans snaked through the fairgrounds on Wednesday morning, dodging mud puddles but enjoying unseasonably warm late-October weather.

U.S. Rep. Dave Loebsack warmed up the crowd on a fairgrounds lawn under massive American and Iowa flags and the familiar “Forward” campaign banner.

Romney will speak from a hangar at the Eastern Iowa Airport at about 7 o’clock this evening – part of a Republican barrage of Iowa that will also include Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell, and RNC Chairman Reince Priebus.

The Romney event is billed as a “victory rally” and will seek to build on the nationwide momentum that has tightened the race.

by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I'm not sure how you could be undecided at this point, but apparently it's possible.  I live in Davenport, the fairgrounds are 15 minutes from my house.  I would have loved to have gone but I had too many other things going on today.

JTROX
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Romney's coming to my town in OHIO tomorrow.  Woohoo!  They had to cancel our trick or treat nite for the event.  I'm taking my boys to see the event.  Glad they are going to experience the political process in action.

I would think most people have made up their minds by now.

mom2jessnky
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I would think that at this point you would know...or I guess you're going to play eenie, meenie, minie, moe at the polls...

celestegood
by Representative on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Same here. On the too many things going on.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

I'm not sure how you could be undecided at this point, but apparently it's possible.  I live in Davenport, the fairgrounds are 15 minutes from my house.  I would have loved to have gone but I had too many other things going on today.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Representative on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM
LOL

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I would think that at this point you would know...or I guess you're going to play eenie, meenie, minie, moe at the polls...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Representative on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM
I'm sure most have made up their minds by this point. At least, I would hope so.

Quoting JTROX:

Romney's coming to my town in OHIO tomorrow.  Woohoo!  They had to cancel our trick or treat nite for the event.  I'm taking my boys to see the event.  Glad they are going to experience the political process in action.

I would think most people have made up their minds by now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Representative on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Get out and vote, ladies! Our foremothers fought to give us this right!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Representative on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM
(jury duty is no reason to not get out and vote lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Oh, that's not how we are supposed to so it?!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I think there are a lot of undecided voters. Hopefully his visiting these states will help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)