Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Christmas gifts for men

Posted by   + Show Post
I need help coming up with what to make the guys in my family. 1 bil is pretty easy. I'll be making him pumpkin pie. I still have dh, my dad, and 1 other bil to figure out.
Got suggestions?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Replies (11-18):
easinpc
by Emily on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM

lol a couple years ago my brother refused to give my sister or I any ideas as to what to get him so we threatened to get him eye shadow and a strawberry shortcake toothbrush set and he still didn't give us any ideas.  So we got him those two things and the look on his face when he opened them was priceless :) 

Ferrari
by Felicia on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM
I'm so out of the loop lol I didn't even there was a new wii. What's new about it?

Quoting msmom29:

My husband is a movie collector, last count we have close to 800 movies, he has been collecting them since he was a teenager. So i will be getting some of the new movies he has said he wanted. And a bathrobe and slippers, because he says he misses having them. other then that im stumped, I wanted to get him the new Wii, it would have been kind of a family gift i suppose but they are 350 dollars! ugh cant afford that this year.

msmom29
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Quoting Ferrari:

I'm so out of the loop lol I didn't even there was a new wii. What's new about it?

Quoting msmom29:

My husband is a movie collector, last count we have close to 800 movies, he has been collecting them since he was a teenager. So i will be getting some of the new movies he has said he wanted. And a bathrobe and slippers, because he says he misses having them. other then that im stumped, I wanted to get him the new Wii, it would have been kind of a family gift i suppose but they are 350 dollars! ugh cant afford that this year.

it comes out sometime this week i believe, the controllers are different, and graphics, I was going to purchase the old model, however the guys in the electronic department told me it would really be a waste of money because they arent making anymore games for that model, all the old games will work on the new model but the new games wont work on the old! He doesnt really play video games much but it was something he had mentioned he would like go get for the family because the kids would like it too, he has an xbox and some other older systems , but my daughter cant seem to pick up on those games, thought the wii would be more kid friendly for her age.

Ferrari
by Felicia on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My 6 yr old does fine with it.

Quoting msmom29:

Quoting Ferrari:

Quoting msmom29:

it comes out sometime this week i believe, the controllers are different, and graphics, I was going to purchase the old model, however the guys in the electronic department told me it would really be a waste of money because they arent making anymore games for that model, all the old games will work on the new model but the new games wont work on the old! He doesnt really play video games much but it was something he had mentioned he would like go get for the family because the kids would like it too, he has an xbox and some other older systems , but my daughter cant seem to pick up on those games, thought the wii would be more kid friendly for her age.

celestegood
by Representative on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM
You mean gifts? Gift card? Subscription to his favorite magazine?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachel0610
by Rachel on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I am still racking y brain on my dad and my s/o its almost impossible to pick gifts for the I SWEAR

Ferrari
by Felicia on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM
I kind of wanted to stick with making things instead of buying. :-)

Quoting celestegood:

You mean gifts? Gift card? Subscription to his favorite magazine?
Mama406
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM

My sisters make a lot of those pre-mixed things for the guys in our family.  Like a jar with instant potato soup, cookie stuff etc.  They love it for the nights when there's nobody around to cook for them.  Also those rice-filled things that you microwave for sore backs, knees or whatever. 

My Mom has made bathrobes, travel pillows and some sort of cord organizer for a briefcase/travel bag.  And I have even made my DH coupons on occassion.  Things like a poopy diaper pass, a get out of jail free card (for when he's gotten in trouble with me), and a few I won't share on here.  8 )  He says he enjoys them because it shows how much I know and love him and because he gets out of some of his least favorite household chores etc.

Hope that helps a little bit!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)