Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Thanksgiving

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM
  • 10 Replies

What are your plans for Thanksgiving this year?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rachel0610
by Rachel on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Same as every year we go to Kyles grandmas and spend the day. To be honest I hate it

Roo1234
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:26 PM
I was planning to just make a traditional dinner for us, but my husband and son decided to run the turkey trot at the state fair grounds in the morning with the hopes of winning a pumpkin pie. then later that day our rabbi invited is to join his wife and him for dinner. the kids are so excited.

with my husband's recent job change came the.benefit of him not having to work black Friday for the first time in our 17 years of marriage. It is an added bonus because it means a long weekend visit since he works in a town three hours away.
mariesmama
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

we're going to hubbys aunts  my hubbys grandma will have 15 great grandkids there counting our 3 yr old

easinpc
by Emily on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Thats great that you will get the extra long weekend together!  I hope you have a great weekend!

Quoting Roo1234:

I was planning to just make a traditional dinner for us, but my husband and son decided to run the turkey trot at the state fair grounds in the morning with the hopes of winning a pumpkin pie. then later that day our rabbi invited is to join his wife and him for dinner. the kids are so excited.

with my husband's recent job change came the.benefit of him not having to work black Friday for the first time in our 17 years of marriage. It is an added bonus because it means a long weekend visit since he works in a town three hours away.

easinpc
by Emily on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Its my son's dads year to have him for Thanksgiving this year so my son and I will do a Thanksgiving breakfast.  We make pancakes and add bacon (feathers), jelly (little red thing under beak), bananas (cut out like feet), chocolate chip (eye), and candy corn (beak) and have our meal early!  We've done this in the past and have decided to make this our tradition on the years that he goes to his dads.

easinpc
by Emily on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Thats no good :(

Quoting Rachel0610:

Same as every year we go to Kyles grandmas and spend the day. To be honest I hate it

Melissa_anne
by Representative on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:28 AM

sleep most of the day, go to my inlaws for dinner, then go to work for the night.  I have worked thanksgiving for the last 5 years

Mama406
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM

To my parents house with twenty other relatives.  Then on Saturday we'll celebrate with the in-laws.  Someday maybe we'll have our own Thanksgiving at home.  For now, I get all the turkey I can handle between those two celebrations.

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Doing lunch with my aunt and uncle at my place. Going to dinner with so at his nieces that night (kids are going to ex). Saturday we (so too)will be going to my brothers for Thanksgiving with my dads side. Which is just dad, my two brothers, grandma, my aunt and me. And 8 out of 15 grandkids for my parents. So it will be loud. Older ones will escape to wherever. And DS will be attacking them! He loves going there cuz my oldest brother has 4 Boys. So DS gets "boy time" and my sil gets girl time with me and DD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Representative on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM

We are staying close to home this Thanksgiving.  We usually head to my family, but this year, we are just heading to my husband's dad's home for dinner. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN