Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Fresh peaches???

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

I know they aren't in season, but does anyone know where I might be able to find some fresh peaches in the greater DSM area?  My Mom REALLY wants to make a peach pie for Thanksgiving, but says she hasn't seen peaches anywhere.  She won't use canned and she won't just buy the pie.  Any ideas ladies?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
easinpc
by Emily on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Have you tried calling around to the local grocery stores and see if they have any?  I haven't seen any but here's a bump for ya!

Mama406
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Thanks!  I haven't done any calling around yet, but I'm also 2.5 hours away.  I would just go look around myself anyway, but it's 45 min to the nearest grocery store from where I live. 

Hopefully someone on here will know and save me some of the extra work.  Otherwise, I think you're right.  I'll just have to start calling stores that are local to her.

Quoting easinpc:

Have you tried calling around to the local grocery stores and see if they have any?  I haven't seen any but here's a bump for ya!

meam4444
by Representative on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Do you have a whole foods around your area (not sure if there are any in DSM)?  They tend to sometimes have fruits and veggies which are sometimes out of season...or unique.

Mama406
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I know there is one in Omaha...not sure about DSM.  I'll check it out.  Thanks for the great idea!

Quoting meam4444:

Do you have a whole foods around your area (not sure if there are any in DSM)?  They tend to sometimes have fruits and veggies which are sometimes out of season...or unique.

Rachel0610
by Rachel on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I would try calling some local grocery stores she might just get lucky :)

easinpc
by Emily on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I think there is a new Trader Joes in the West Des Moines area, would they have them?

Quoting Mama406:

I know there is one in Omaha...not sure about DSM.  I'll check it out.  Thanks for the great idea!

Quoting meam4444:

aanddplus2
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I would check a health food store. I remember being pregnant during the winter and craving peaches. I couldn't find them anywhere! So good luck! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN