Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Need a vaccine friendly doc that will sign waiver ASAP

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hello! My son is 22 months and partially vaccinated. We live in West Des Moines and he attends daycare on a part time basis. The daycare recently had an audit regarding vaccinations - and of course - now we are required to either fully vaccinate or get an exemption. I really love taking my son there so I would like to find a doc that would sign an exemption. Our current doc - is great and supports our decision - but will not sign an exemption (so I guess he doesn't really support our decision) - can anyone help? I am just sick over this.

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
meam4444
by Representative on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I don't know of any.  But, in Iowa, it can be relgious beliefs too last I knew.  So, if it is part of your religious conviction, you could sign and get it notorized. 

I only think doctors can sign it if there is a medical issue surrounding the vaccine for your child (i.e. allergic).

kobekmom
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:01 PM

This sounds really bad but can you create your own religious conviction? I am just so torn regarding what to do - I don't want to lie or do anything that is considered unethical - but what religions do and don't vaccinate? It is too bad it can't just be a parents choice! :( If all I need is to get something notarized - is there a form I print out? Sorry for all of the questions.

king04
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I am not sure of anyone that does but both of my kids have that waiver due to my daughter having leukemia that do not want either of them receiving any from april of this year to 3 years from now

easinpc
by Emily on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I don't know of any that would for sure but heres'a  bump for you.  good luck!

celestegood
by Representative on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:08 PM
I would think sign and notorize it?

Quoting meam4444:

I don't know of any.  But, in Iowa, it can be relgious beliefs too last I knew.  So, if it is part of your religious conviction, you could sign and get it notorized. 

I only think doctors can sign it if there is a medical issue surrounding the vaccine for your child (i.e. allergic).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachel0610
by Rachel on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I don't know of any but there has to be one somewhere around the area. Maybe try calling a few maybe one of them can point you in the right direction

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN