Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa WAHMs

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 7 Replies

Any WAHMs here? I wont be going back to work or school until all 3 kids are in school & that's not for another 4-5 years. I'd love to do something from home. I was going to start my own in home daycare but I've chose not to now. I need something where I can choose my own hours. I couldn't do anything like Avon or Mary Kay because I'm not good at that plus I don't know anyone that would buy. Any ideas?

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
easinpc
by Emily on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I don't but here's a bump for ya!  Hopefully one of the other moms can help ya!

Ferrari
by Felicia on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM
I babysit my nephew and am a Mary Kay consultant. I love the skin care products so that helps.
I'm thinking of sewing items and listing them for sale. I've considered selling thirty-one or scentsy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bradleysmami
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM

If I was good at that kind of work I'd do it but I know I'd suck:( I do love crafting but I have no sewing machine right now & still need to learn.

Quoting Ferrari:

I babysit my nephew and am a Mary Kay consultant. I love the skin care products so that helps.
I'm thinking of sewing items and listing them for sale. I've considered selling thirty-one or scentsy.

Ferrari
by Felicia on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Why are you so quick to say you would suck at Mary Kay? Have you tried something like it before?
There are so many other kind of crafting besides sewing. Can you knit or crochet? How about creating bows or things you could sew by hand?

Quoting Bradleysmami:

If I was good at that kind of work I'd do it but I know I'd suck:( I do love crafting but I have no sewing machine right now & still need to learn.

Quoting Ferrari:

Bradleysmami
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I've hosted a Spa party, & scentsy. I attemped a jewelry party twice but nobody cared to come. I only made one sell for the scentsy. I do want to make bows as well. I use to crochet when I was younger. I need to buy some supplies.

Quoting Ferrari:

Why are you so quick to say you would suck at Mary Kay? Have you tried something like it before?
There are so many other kind of crafting besides sewing. Can you knit or crochet? How about creating bows or things you could sew by hand?

Quoting Bradleysmami:

Quoting Ferrari:

Ferrari
by Felicia on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm addicted to scentsy lol

Bows would be awesome.

Quoting Bradleysmami:

I've hosted a Spa party, & scentsy. I attemped a jewelry party twice but nobody cared to come. I only made one sell for the scentsy. I do want to make bows as well. I use to crochet when I was younger. I need to buy some supplies.

Quoting Ferrari:

Quoting Bradleysmami:

Quoting Ferrari:

celestegood
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:02 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)