Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

my jamberry nails update

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM
  • 6 Replies
First off, I should have watched the application video that was emailed me when I purchased my shields lol ok so I learned more about the application process.
Did you know you could have oily nail beds? Cause I didn't lol and I do I guess. If you have no clue if you do or not, just treat it like you do and prep one nail at a time.
File your nails and push back the cuticles. Use a buffer to dull the shine and wipe with alcohol. Let it dry. I used my blow dryer. Match up shield to your nail remembering to not pick too big of a size. It can not touch the cuticle or skin. Roll the shield off the paper and cut it in half. Heat it using your blow dryer till it softens. Press firmly to your nail. Use one of those rubber cuticle pushers. Trust me. They work the best for this. I heat once again (cause I'm paranoid lol) and press again. Trim off excess shield down to your nail and use a file in downward motion to get the rest of it. Reheat and concentrate on the edge. I even ran the cuticle pusher over the end of my nail to help smooth. Just make sure there are no bubbles.

:-)
After watching the video, I decided to redo my nails using the above method and I can honestly say I can tell a difference in them. I put these on last night. Pictures to follow.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Ferrari
by Felicia on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

My right hand :-)
Ferrari
by Felicia on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM

My left hand.
Ferrari
by Felicia on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Trying to give you an up close view. :-) it doesn't give this design justice!
Ferrari
by Felicia on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM
In 2 weeks I'm changing to a Christmas theme ... if I can wait that long lol
easinpc
by Emily on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Make sure to let us know if using this technique ends up making them last longer!  Good luck!

Ferrari
by Felicia on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I sure will :-)

Quoting easinpc:

Make sure to let us know if using this technique ends up making them last longer!  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN