Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How's the Blizzard Where You Are?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM
  • 22 Replies
Weather conditions? Power outages?
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenn4443
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM
I am in southwest Wisconsin and its bad here. About 9 inches last I heard. Wind will start later up to 50 mph. I am not sure I will get my car unburied.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Emily on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

We have probably around 10 inches or so as of right now (just outside Des Moines).  We lost power during the night for a bit and now it keeps flickering on and off.  My boss called and closed our shop so I don't have to worry about trying to get to work (wasn't going to try until later anyway) and my sons school closed yesterday afternoon for today. 

Rachel0610
by Rachel on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:53 AM

We might as well have gotten nothing! We had thunderstorms at 11:30 last night and if we are lucky we got an inch of snow very disappointing

kavp84
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I don't know how much snow we have right now, but the power keeps going off. It's annoying!!!

huskermom98
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

The snow's done falling, but the wind is still going strong.  We've been very lucky that we haven't lost power (might have flickered at one point, but not bad enough to reset my clock radio).  We are not far from some areas of Des Moines that did lose power.  Last I heard on the tv was that we were almost at 12"...

meam4444
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM

It's sure white out!  :)  We didn't loose power...it is just windy now.  The girls want to go out and play, but bbrrrrr!!

meam4444
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Aww wow you guys really didn't get much

Quoting Rachel0610:

We might as well have gotten nothing! We had thunderstorms at 11:30 last night and if we are lucky we got an inch of snow very disappointing

meam4444
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Hope you kept the power.

Quoting kavp84:

I don't know how much snow we have right now, but the power keeps going off. It's annoying!!!

meam4444
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Wow--you guys got a lot!!

Quoting huskermom98:

The snow's done falling, but the wind is still going strong.  We've been very lucky that we haven't lost power (might have flickered at one point, but not bad enough to reset my clock radio).  We are not far from some areas of Des Moines that did lose power.  Last I heard on the tv was that we were almost at 12"...

meam4444
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Good luck with getting your car out.  Mine's block in the shed with a few feet of blown snow on the outside of it.

Quoting jenn4443:

I am in southwest Wisconsin and its bad here. About 9 inches last I heard. Wind will start later up to 50 mph. I am not sure I will get my car unburied.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)