Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Cleaning Supplies

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM
  • 14 Replies

What are the more common cleaning supplies that you use on a regular basis?

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krn210
by Kristin on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I use distilled white vinegar mixed with water and lavender essential oils. It's effective cheap and I don't have to worry about it harming my family or pets. :-) I also use the same mix but with borax added for my floors. Windows I use a natural cleaner I picked up at the co-op. :-) For furniture polish I use a product from Method. 

Rachel0610
by Rachel on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Lysol I literally lysol EVERYTHING.

I also use a lot of Mr.Clean

easinpc
by Emily on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:59 AM

What mixes of each do you use if you don't mind saying?

Quoting krn210:

I use distilled white vinegar mixed with water and lavender essential oils. It's effective cheap and I don't have to worry about it harming my family or pets. :-) I also use the same mix but with borax added for my floors. Windows I use a natural cleaner I picked up at the co-op. :-) For furniture polish I use a product from Method. 

easinpc
by Emily on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Especially after my son and I were both sick I used Lysol and Clorex on almost my entire house lol. 

Quoting Rachel0610:

Rachel0610
by Rachel on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Last week I spent days with abottle of lysol I had three kids running around sick and I was trying to keep the baby from getting it I am sure the whole world thought I was crazy

Quoting easinpc:

Especially after my son and I were both sick I used Lysol and Clorex on almost my entire house lol. 

Quoting Rachel0610:

krn210
by Kristin on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I don't mind at all. :-) For my spray bottle (that I use for the countertops, etc.) the mixture I use is half vinegar half water, I then add just a few drops of the lavender essential oil. My Mom says that the mix is a little strong but I like it and don't feel that it's too strong. For my floors I use a tablespoon of Borax a tablespoon of vinegar and a few drops of the lavender essential oil in my 4 gallon bucket. 

Quoting easinpc:

What mixes of each do you use if you don't mind saying?

Quoting krn210:

king04
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Lysol sanitizer wipes

Ferrari
by Felicia on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:51 AM
I love method! I have also made my own cleaners with vinegar. I do alot of Googling to find homemade cleaners.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Representative on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I use vinegar, baking soda, lysol (very seldom), dish soap, and that's it.

I do own bleach, but I save it for when a white shirt needs bleaching.  And I don't even buy cleaners.  If I need a cleaner, I buy more vinegar and dish soap lol

ksueditz
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I use a mix of vinegar, dish soap, baking soda and water. I use it in a spray bottle for my kitchen. In the bathroom I use Lysol. I also use Mr clean, for tougher jobs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN