Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

Questions to ask when looking at a house

Posted by   + Show Post

I am going to look at another house this weekend to purchase and am needing help on my list of questions to ask.  I have looked at several houses before but am drawing major blanks when I'm making my list.  This house is out in the country so I have on my list to ask about the lp and septic and road maintenance (how often/how good/who/etc), but could use some other suggestions!

The house is in the same area I currently live in so I already know the schools, neighborhood, town, etc. 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Replies (11-13):
easinpc
by Emily on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Thanks!!

Quoting celestegood:

Good luck.

easinpc
by Emily on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Thanks!  I liked it and so did my son (well except the purple carpet thru the house, especially in what would be his bedroom lol).  Right now I'm just waiting to hear back on some more information before I make my decision either way on it. 

Quoting meam4444:

I agree about the foundation...ask about well (how old, ever shocked, etc..), roofing, etc.  Good luck!!  Let us know how it goes!!

MommyofSoso
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Yep, we've had Roto rooter out to clean it out, we had a plumber out to look at it,and we've had Drain Wizard out to clean it. We've even had the city out to see if it was something on their end. Nothing! The problem is the main drain, the previous owners jammed a piece of metal in it so its not draining correctly and the pipes are messed up. Thats what the drain wizard guys said and we can see the piece of metal blocking the pipe. Tax money is already spent on getting that fixed :( so much for something fun.

Quoting easinpc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN