Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

All nurses or moms that would know...*update!*

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:17 AM
  • 13 Replies
I am wondering if any of you ladies would know if Iowa has a program where you can pay a nurse to take care of someone for an event. I am getting married march 23rd, and my grandma is going to be at the wedding. She lives in a nursing home but df and I want my mom to be able to relax at the wedding and not have to worry about accidents or anything. It's usually my mom and I that get my grandma around. She is 88. So as you can tell I won't be able to with my wedding dress and all. So anyone in Iowa that you can hire for a day? Would be compensated as well as dinner.

*update: I went to visit my grandma 2 weeks ago and I was talking to her about the wedding and that it would be nice if we had someone to help her and that my aunt k would be willing to split the bill with us. Well as I was saying this 2 of her nurses at the nursing home walked and the one said if she wasn't working that weekend then she would be willing to come help us. I'm happy we finally found someone. My grandma is ok with her doing it. Then we went to my uncle's and my aunt j said she cousin would be willing to come help C( the nurse) if she needed it. Her cousin used to work with C at the nursing home.
So it looks as if we have 2 nurses to help my grandma for our wedding! I'm so happy that my mom can relax and enjoy our day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenemiah
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Have you tried to contact a mobile nursing service. I just googled....mobile nursing services in Iowa.   There is one called Mobile Nursing Services Ltd that is at the top of the list.  I am not sure if they can help you or if they are any good as I live in NY.  If you continue down the list maybe you will find one that can help you.  

Kayla2013
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Thank you! I had no idea where to even start looking. I will check them out! Thanks!

Quoting jenemiah:

Have you tried to contact a mobile nursing service. I just googled....mobile nursing services in Iowa.   There is one called Mobile Nursing Services Ltd that is at the top of the list.  I am not sure if they can help you or if they are any good as I live in NY.  If you continue down the list maybe you will find one that can help you.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenemiah
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:16 AM

You are welcome. Good luck!! Congratulations!

easinpc
by Emily on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I agree with the other mom that posted.  Check with either them or any of the home health care companies. They may be able to help or at least point you in the right direction.  Congrats and good luck!

Kayla2013
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Thank you ladies! It's going to be a challenge but I hope we get it accomplished!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Representative on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Representative on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Oh, and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kayla2013
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Thank you! It's much needed. Lol

Quoting celestegood:

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addykarder19
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM
check with her nursing home. we had a lady at the nursing home I work at who wanted to go visit her daughter in new york and they asked if they could take one our nurses since they would be most familiar with her. Our work asked if any one was interested and someone offered and I think the family paid the nurse privately for her time/travel expenses. so our nursing home didnt have to pay the nurse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kayla2013
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
We are thinking about that but there is only 2 nurses we like at her nursing home. Lets just say this nursing home hasn't been the best choice for her. I will call them and see what they say. Thank you

Quoting addykarder19:

check with her nursing home. we had a lady at the nursing home I work at who wanted to go visit her daughter in new york and they asked if they could take one our nurses since they would be most familiar with her. Our work asked if any one was interested and someone offered and I think the family paid the nurse privately for her time/travel expenses. so our nursing home didnt have to pay the nurse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN