Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All nurses or moms that would know...*update!*

Posted by   + Show Post
I am wondering if any of you ladies would know if Iowa has a program where you can pay a nurse to take care of someone for an event. I am getting married march 23rd, and my grandma is going to be at the wedding. She lives in a nursing home but df and I want my mom to be able to relax at the wedding and not have to worry about accidents or anything. It's usually my mom and I that get my grandma around. She is 88. So as you can tell I won't be able to with my wedding dress and all. So anyone in Iowa that you can hire for a day? Would be compensated as well as dinner.

*update: I went to visit my grandma 2 weeks ago and I was talking to her about the wedding and that it would be nice if we had someone to help her and that my aunt k would be willing to split the bill with us. Well as I was saying this 2 of her nurses at the nursing home walked and the one said if she wasn't working that weekend then she would be willing to come help us. I'm happy we finally found someone. My grandma is ok with her doing it. Then we went to my uncle's and my aunt j said she cousin would be willing to come help C( the nurse) if she needed it. Her cousin used to work with C at the nursing home.
So it looks as if we have 2 nurses to help my grandma for our wedding! I'm so happy that my mom can relax and enjoy our day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Replies (11-13):
addykarder19
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM

We also have a lot of workers who volunteer their time to take the residents to family things if it is local

Quoting Kayla2013:

We are thinking about that but there is only 2 nurses we like at her nursing home. Lets just say this nursing home hasn't been the best choice for her. I will call them and see what they say. Thank you

Quoting addykarder19:

check with her nursing home. we had a lady at the nursing home I work at who wanted to go visit her daughter in new york and they asked if they could take one our nurses since they would be most familiar with her. Our work asked if any one was interested and someone offered and I think the family paid the nurse privately for her time/travel expenses. so our nursing home didnt have to pay the nurse.

*Wife to Joel since 10-2-10*
*Mother of Addyson, Karder & Everett *
*Angel Babies 1/19/11 & 4/23/11*

meam4444
by Representative on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Hope you find someone!  Good luck!  Keep us posted!

Kayla2013
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Will do! Thank you!

Quoting meam4444:

Hope you find someone!  Good luck!  Keep us posted!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)