Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iowa Moms Iowa Moms

2013 personal goals

Posted by   + Show Post
Post your personal goals here. :-) this way we can help keep each other on track.
post each goal you have separately and include for each your plan to obtain this goal and the reward for when you accomplish said goal. Yes. You heard me right. Why not reward ourselves for our hardwork. :-)
keep us posted on your progress whether its good or bad. It doesn't matter. We're here to support each other. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Replies (11-13):
easinpc
by Emily on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM

One thing for me that I do to help save is anytime I use cash I will take any left over change (coins) and at least one 1 dollar bill and put it aside for saving.  This is how I get our spending money for vacation and am usually able to save around $300-400 doing this. 

Quoting Ferrari:

Save $1000
This one is a little hard for me. I may have to readjust the how and reward. My goal is to try and sell my 69 Ford Fairlane 500. It's wrecked, but should be able to get something out of it. Right now it's sitting in a storage unit costing us $50 a month. We just can't afford to fix it right now plus have dh's charger he's restoring and the house AND still need the money to fix my Kia Soul. Will also be putting away any extra money that's left over from the grocery budget and gas budget and money I make from babysitting.
Reward to saving up this money ...? Not exactly sure yet. Thinking something that doesn't cost much lol

Kayla2013
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Yes, yes it is. Have we got anything done? Not really. Lol. Our invites got lost in the mail and should be here today by end of ups hours. We have our venue, my dress, my jr bridesmaid's dress, a minister, and photographer but that's about it. Lol these next few weeks I have appointments galore for flowers cake catering and a mini engagement photo session and then talking over the wedding pictures. Lol. It's been scattered cause of my grandma having surgery and not doing well.

Quoting meam4444:

March 23rd is coming up soon!  Congratulations!

Quoting Kayla2013:

Well in getting married march 23rd. So my major goal is to be the best wife I can be. My next goal is to lose at least 50lbs by Christmas. Yes I am setting it for a year because weight is hard for me to lose but I am confident that I will make it work with cutting processed sugars out as well as eating whole grains. and attempting to get to the gym as much as possible. And my 3rd goal is to learn to cook healthier for df and I. We have been ttcing for 3years and we figured more changes the better our chances.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ferrari
by Felicia on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I put all my change in a change jar, but we always end up dipping into it till all that is left is pennies lol bad habit we are going to change.

Quoting easinpc:

One thing for me that I do to help save is anytime I use cash I will take any left over change (coins) and at least one 1 dollar bill and put it aside for saving.  This is how I get our spending money for vacation and am usually able to save around $300-400 doing this. 

Quoting Ferrari:

Save $1000
This one is a little hard for me. I may have to readjust the how and reward. My goal is to try and sell my 69 Ford Fairlane 500. It's wrecked, but should be able to get something out of it. Right now it's sitting in a storage unit costing us $50 a month. We just can't afford to fix it right now plus have dh's charger he's restoring and the house AND still need the money to fix my Kia Soul. Will also be putting away any extra money that's left over from the grocery budget and gas budget and money I make from babysitting.
Reward to saving up this money ...? Not exactly sure yet. Thinking something that doesn't cost much lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN